Pretend The Pain Away : 58

December 23 - Friday

12:33am.

~

Jimin plopped down on Yoongi's bed with a satisfied huff, The soft black comforter enveloping around him as the stars stared straight back at him. They seemed to do it quite a lot, almost as a replacement of the moon, shimmering once again from across the room.

The car ride had been a comfortable silence, the world chilled down and Yoongi staring straight ahead. Jimin spent the time drinking a bottle of water in an attempt to sober himself up as he watched the gleaming lights and buildings blur past him.

His eyes were closed as he huffed out another breath, smiling at the scent of coffee and vanilla that always followed wherever Yoongi went. It just seemed so right, the smell such a perfect fit of sugary and warm it was able to describe Yoongi himself without the use of words. Jimin questioned if the white-haired man washed his sheets in coffee scented fabric softener, if that was a thing (?), knowing just how much Jimin thought it smelled like home.

He knew it was a bit of a long shot, but what was wrong with dreaming and letting your thoughts wander off for the millionth time of the night.

Jimin abruptly sat up at the thought of Yoongi, his world going hazy and static, almost falling back over from how quickly he made the motion, before noticing that Yoongi was gone. He should have been worried, but he figured Yoongi was simply using the bathroom and would be back soon. And he was right.

By the time Jimin had pattered across the room in his fuzzy socks and dug out a light pink sweatshirt with dripping black writing that read out "Coffee", put it on, and plopped back onto the bed, Yoongi was back in front of him, his face flushed and the bandana removed from his hair.

Jimin smiled softly, his dimples growing, the lights in the roomed dimmed as he crossed his legs and waited for Yoongi to sit down in front of him. It felt as if an invisible string was wrapped around himself and led to Yoongi, trailing and pulling the two together. He wanted a kiss, a hug, anything as long as the man who seemed a painful distance away from him could close the gap and satisfy the longing of being with him that pooled in the pit of his stomach.

Though he didn't. He remained far away and cold, his eyes covered by his arm, hiding his face as if he could bear to show it. It seemed as if he was going to rub his eyes from being tired, the alcohol still getting to him as no words made it past his lips. It was quiet, an effortlessly soft coating plastering its way around the room and spilling into Jimin's bones, the silence almost comforting in a way.

Jimin opened his mouth to say something, nothing particular in mind, hoping that whatever wanted to pour out just flow and be the right thing. But he stopped before the words breached his lips. And as Yoongi inhaled and exhaled two large breaths, his chest slowly moving up and down, Jimin saw a glimpse of what was being hidden finally break.

A tear silently dripped down Yoongi's cheek, a frail wet stream being left behind.

Worry and panic flooded through Jimin's stomach like he had been hit with a stack of bricks, another tear appearing on the opposite side, streaking down as two wet strips now burned across his cheeks.

"Are you-"

"It was me Jimin," Yoongi whispered, his voice so small Jimin barely recognized it, the confidence he had drowned out, his arm unwavering and eyes still hidden. He stood far away like he was trying to keep the blonde away from him, as if he couldn't move any closer with his hair ruined and the heavy weight that sat atop his shoulders and pushed him down.