Wake up Sunshine! : 10

November 14th - Monday

Yoongi's Pov.

1:27 p.m.

~

"Do you want your life to end?"

Yoongi said in an irritable and tired voice to the man standing over him. He was in the middle of his glorious sleep when he had been woken up by the one and only Jung Hoseok, whose smile seemed too bright for an ordinary Monday afternoon.

His smile happened to be just as bright as his red hair, the beautiful tuffs, and locks seated in just the right places.

Honestly, Yoongi was surprised Hoseok had put up with him for as long as he had. He was sure he wouldn't know what to do without him.

Hoseok had witnessed one of Yoongis emotional breakdowns first hand the year before. It was a traumatic experience for the both of them. Hoseok would often be reminded of it when he would take off his shirt to shower or change clothes, seeing the deep scar going up the front of his upper arm, which Yoongi would never forgive himself for, no matter how many times the younger told him it was okay.

That had been before he found his writing outlet.

Hoseok had always told yoongi to become a writer, fascinated by the way his hands would flow everytime they touched the paper. Once he figured out that the older male knew how to play the piano, his fascination only grew. A songwriter is what he told the older with sparkling eyes.

What he didn't know was that Yoongi hated writing more than anything. He despised it with a growing passion, more than the anger and hatred he felt towards himself for throwing a glass at the ball of sunshine.

He didn't mean to. He really didn't. In fact, he wasn't even aware that Hoseok had been standing behind him at the time. That was until he picked up the cup filled with water from the table and threw it as hard as he could at the wall behind him, waiting for the moment he would get to see the glass shatter into thousands of broken little pieces. A visual representation of how he felt on the inside.

And it did.

He yelled in anger as It hit the wall so hard he was surprised he didn't go deaf by the sound. It went off spreading throughout the room, but not before a large piece of it scraped and dug itself cleanly into his dear friend's arm.

He was ripped from his mental breakdown by the most horrific sound he had ever heard. The loud yelp of pain that had forever scarred a place into his head, a sound he'd never be able to unhear, was followed by blood.

Lots of it.

It wasn't until they had gotten to the hospital that his question of,

How could there be so much blood from that one piece of glass?

Had been answered. The sharp object had cut through a critical vein in Hoseok's arm. It was never said, but Yoongi didn't have to hear it to know. He would have never been able to live with himself with knowing he ended his best friends life.

But he didn't have to.

Hoseok turned out to be okay. The only bad thing left over was that Hoseok would live with the large scar for the rest of his life, the terrible memory forever with him. Maybe, just maybe Yoongi would enjoy writing the slightest bit more if he wasn't reminded every time he picked up the yellow and red notebook, just how messed up he was.

After that, Hoseok did everything he could to help whenever it happened. He tried watching movies, playing games, and telling dad jokes that were far to cringy for him to have come up with himself.