New Neighbor : 6

November 6th - Saturday

11:17am.

Yoongi's pov.

~

Yoongi hadn't even thought about his umbrella since the day he lost it.

When he got off the bus, he immediately saw him. A boy, about his age, wearing a black slim fitting suit that Yoongi could tell suited his body type very well. The reason he noticed him so quickly was because he didn't have a coat on. And even yoongi, who was currently under the warmth of his new black one, still felt the cold.

Well, of course the other reason was because he didn't have an umbrella.

And boy was he a mess.

When Yoongi got off the bus, he didn't walk the extra block he was supposed to right away. He found himself observing the boy. His messy, wet, blonde hair didn't want to stay out of his face the longer Yoongi watched him. He would push it from his forehead to back behind him, giving it a slicked-back look. Yet it would always end up falling right back down onto the sides of his face. Yoongi laughed. It has been such a long time since he'd seen someone so stupid as to not wear a coat.

"Yeesh, how can someone be out here in this cold without something on."

Just the thought of it gave him the shivers. He hated the cold. He would rather be at home in the comfort of his warm fluffy blankets and his bed that he spent too much of his day in.

He felt bad for the poor boy, but couldn't help himself but smile to himself. He could admit the blonde was handling the situation better than he would. He would have wined and made loud noises about how cold it was. The boy without a coat just stood there quietly observing every surrounding he could, every once in a while, bringing his hand up to push his hair away.

The taps above his head would splash onto his umbrella and part away. Yoongi could say he was quite fond of this umbrella. It wasn't super expensive and he had had it for quite a while, but he never seemed to get tired of it. His parents convinced him to bring It on his trip, noticing that the weather would be rainy. The umbrella was one of his favorite colors, not too bright, but it didn't give him the same dark feeling the color black did. Yoongi looked back over at the boy who didn't have one to shield him like he did. He sighed, guilt getting to him, before removing the umbrella from his head, his newly white hair getting slightly damp.

~

'Gah, why do people these days have to be so stubborn?' He thought to himself as he watched the boy decline his umbrella. His hair started getting more and more damp by the second, which he didn't like.

He had specially done his hair to make sure he looked nice when he met up with his friend who lived here, ecstatic that Yoongi was going to live there too.

When he didn't have to, he didn't give things to people. Clothes, items, food- especially food. He wasn't much on sharing. But he was being generous at the moment. His friends would die to be in Jimin's place. Hell, if they were here right now, they would never let him live down the fact that he was actually being soft right now.

The last option Yoongi had was to leave it. Of course he knew he would miss his umbrella, but it made him happy to get rid of the thing. He knew he was helping someone, who by the looks of it, was having a terrible day. The last thing Yoongi would expect was the boy to return it. He had given it to him, a silent but mutual agreement between the two.

Which is why it surprised him when he noticed that same boy standing in front of his new apartment door.

It threw Yoongi off for a moment. Of course he knew exactly who it was. Yoongi was exceptionally good at remembering and recognizing faces. Though this time, he didn't look like a hot mess.