Bitter Skies : 61

as much as i love this book, im sick of it 😂 so i hope it lives up to your expectations.))

~

December 28 - Wednesday

11:36am.

~

"Are you awake yet?" Read the small, bright pink note that Jimin had written and sat atop the umbrella. He hadn't knocked on the door yet, deja vu rushing through him as his fist came up from the last time he tried to do so. But this time, instead of walking away, Jimin sat the umbrella down with a small laugh and knocked, not loud enough to wake Yoongi if he was asleep, but just enough to spark interest outside the white-haired man's apartment. His safest tactic.

His very own was sickeningly warm, too much vibrant sunshine leaking into and contained by his freshly placed windows. His cartoons that played in the background of his room on his cheap TV and favorite brand of crackers were no match for the clenching feeling that overtook his thoughts and grew each day. They were running in circles, a wall placed between them as if a barrier made of fragile glass stopped them from getting anywhere.

His heart missed the man, the select few conversations they had within the last day showing the impossible space between them that dragged on for miles. He couldn't be warm anymore. His body was growing to despise the feeling of comfort that buzzed across his skin in the form of heat because Yoongi wasn't there. He hated it if it didn't involve Yoongi. Everything in Jimin's life was cold. Except for Yoongi, and that made it all the more suffocating because he wasn't physically there.

To his surprise, minutes later after stepping back into his own apartment, nocks in the form of a pattern were placed upon his own door.

"mhm, I woke up a few min ago." Read his green sticky note, a pout forming across Jimin's lips because he wished his sticky notes were as small and as cute as the man's. Though directly underneath it lay a blue one, causing Jimin to laugh as he wondered why Yoongi didn't just write it on the same one.

"something wrong?"

Jimin smiled, his eyes softening into crescent moons. And so it started again. Their silly back and forth of passing notes feet away from each other. Jimin forgot just how dumb, yet amusingly fun it had been when they used to do this. Now that their days revolved around each other and their group chat was constantly flooded in messages, they never had a reason to.

"No, wanna go on a train ride? It leaves in 20 minutes."

"I thought maybe it might be fun?"

"mhm, meet u at the lobby in 10? " Jimin's eyes widened for two separate reasons. One, he hadn't expected Yoongi to agree, but now that he thought about it, he wasn't exactly sure why he wouldn't. Not that the two refused to talk to each other. It was more of a matter of giving the other space, Jimin being the first to break it. And second, because five minutes wasn't a lot of time to wash his face, get rid of bedhead and find a nice looking outfit.

But, he knew that settling with one of Yoongi' sweatshirts and just leaving the hood up would work just as well.

"Yeah, bring your earbuds :)"

"no shitty music this time dumbass"

Jimin laughed to himself as he scribbled down his response and sprinted across the hall, dropping down the umbrella and banging on the white-haired man's door.