Chapter 39

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL, FOR YOUR UNDESTANDING AND CONDOLENCES, IN THIS DIFFICULT TIME IN MY LIFE. I KNOW, THAT YOU GUYS TOLD ME TO TAKE MY TIME AND HEAL, BEFORE I WORRIED ABOUT UPDATING AGAIN. BUT I FELT REALLY GUILTY, FOR LEAVING YOU ALL HANGING THIS LONG. MY FAMILY AND I ARE FARRR FROM HEALED, AND I KNOW FIRST HAND, THAT IT WILL BE A LONG AND DIFFICCULT ROAD AHEAD OF US. BUT I WOULD AGAIN, LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL, FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

"If that is what makes you happy my love."

The contraction passed and she whined, "nooo I don't want that."

"I knew that love. I knew it was the pain talking." I told her as she was wheeled into the birthing room.

The poor orderly went to help her out of the chair only for her to growl at him.

"Don't you fucking touch me."

"I'm sorry I am so sorry she doesn't mean that. Thank you for all your help."

"I understand completely your majesty. My wife is the same way every time." He chuckled.

"How many children do you have?" I asked him as I picked Roza up out of the chair bridal style and placed her in the bed.

"Five."

"Does the pain ever get any easier?" Roza asked.

"No, not really. Or at least she doesn't act like it does."

The three of us laughed.

"I am sorry for what I said earlier." She told him.

"It is fine your majesty like I said I completely understand. Is this your first child?"

"No, our son is our second child. We also have a seventeen-month-old daughter."

"Oh, I bet she is beautiful."

"Yes she is, she looks just like her beautiful mother." I answered as I looked at my Roza with a smile.

Right then another contraction hit and Roza was again crushing my hand. While cussing a blue streak as some people say, whatever that means.

A little while later Roza was checked and was found to be eight centimeters dilated.

"Your majesty, how long have you been having contractions?"

"Off and on since about four this morning." That means that she has technically been in labor for almost twelve hours already.

"Roza!!! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because they were not bad until just before my water broke. And I didn't want to bother you."

I just shook my head while giving her a 'we will talk about this later' look.

"Alright, I will be back to check on you again in an hour. When you are nine and a half centimeters dilated I will send for Dr. Oldenzki."

Roza nodded as she tried to breathe through her next contraction.

"Thank you, nurse." I told her. The nurse smiled and left Roza and I alone in the room.

"You need to check on Dimi, Comrade."

"I will call Sally but I am not leaving this room." She nodded and I took my cell phone from my pocket and made the call.

Ring... Ring... Ring.

"Hello, Princess Dimitria Belikova's room, how can I help you?"

"Sally, it's Dimitri."

"Yes, your majesty. How can I help you?"