Chapter 46

(Rose)

If you see him, tell him I wish him well

How am I doing? Well, sometimes it's hard to tell

I still miss him more than ever

But please don't say a word

If you see him

If you see him

(Dimitri)

If you see her, tell her I'm doin' fine

And if you want to, say that I think of her from time to time

Ask her if she ever wonders where we both went wrong

If you see her

If you see her

(Dimitri)

I still want her

(Rose)

And I still need him so

(Both)

I don't know why we let each other go

(Dimitri)

If you see her, tell her the light's still on for her

(Rose)

Nothing's changed deep down the fire still burns for him

(Both)

And even if it takes forever, say I'll still be here

(Rose)

If you see him

(Dimitri)

If you see her

(Rose)

If you see him

(Dimitri)

If you see her

"Thank you all, I hope that you have all enjoyed tonight just as much as we have. Won't you please give THE ABANDOND and all of our other performers one last round of applause?" Roza asked the audience and she got her wish. The cheers and applause were louder than I had ever heard them.

Soon we were joined at the front of the stage by everyone who'd had a hand in tonight's show. We all linked hands and gave one last bow before leaving the stage and heading back to the palace.

After saying goodnight to everyone Roza and I went to check on the children. As we stood over Macie's crib I was assaulted by thoughts and visions of just how lucky I truly am.

I was married to the love of my life and she had given me two beautiful children. I didn't have to risk my life for people who didn't, who couldn't, or who wouldn't appreciate my sacrifice. I had everything that I had ever dreamed of and it was all thanks to my Roza.

"Thank you Roza, thank you sooo much my love."

She turned and looked at me confusion in her eyes.

"For what, Mitya?"

"You have given me everything that I have ever dreamed of."

She smiled, "I was thinking the exact same thing early tonight while on stage."

Now I was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"You have given me everything that I have ever wished for as well. I have you, I have our children, I have a huge family, a large extended circle of friends, and I don't have to risk my life day in and day out, for someone who couldn't care less. You gave me the push that I needed to sing in front of a crowd. If I hadn't gotten so angry and hurt about what you said in the church. Then I would never have been able to live this dream with you. So I should be the one thanking you." She explained.