Chapter 9

Skylynns POV

I sat on the sofa, a bottle of beer in my hand. Will had set up the spare room for Zoey and put her to sleep while I had gone and found the alcohol. It was becoming my escape and it wasn't healthy. He sat beside me suddenly, his eyes diverting to the alcohol.

He snatched it from my hands, a frown on his lips. "I don't mind drinking at parties Skylynn but using alcohol to drown your sorrows is stupid," he snapped.

I mirrored his frown, looking away. "Is anyone home?"

"Why do you always ask?" He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes, resting my head back on the sofa. 

"Because I feel like a burden Will. I should've stayed home and put on my headphones as I always do. He's going to be furious,"

Will sighed turning towards me. "You're not a burden. Please just relax, if you have to drink then do," he said in defeat.

I shook my head, pushing the bottle away. He shrugged, picking it up himself and taking a sip.I smiled softly as I realized he had just drunk from the same bottle as I had. I rested my head effortlessly on his shoulder.

"Can I drive you again tomorrow?" I whispered.

He laughed softly. "If you wish sweetheart. I feel like your bitch,"

"If anyone asks, you are," I teased, smiling to myself. How did I end up here?

---------------------------------

We pulled into school the next morning after dropping Zoey off. I pulled in beside Will's car where he had left it yesterday, very close to hitting his back corner of the car. He gaped at me as I turned to car off.

I grinned, a smirk playing on my lips. "Oops," I whispered, biting my lip to control my laughter and the nervousness his looks gave me.

I quickly climbed out and waited for him to get out before I locked my car. He walked alongside me closely. "You did that on purpose,"

"Did not," I muttered quietly.

He looked down at me with a smirk on his face. "You did Skylynn,"

I rolled my eyes. "And what are you going to do if I did?" I challenged, raising my eyebrow. He smirked, a playful mood dancing in his eyes. Before I knew it, he quickly grabbed my waist as Jessa pulled into the carpark directly infront of me.

He pulled me back against his chest, my breathing rigid. I felt my heart pounding but I struggled to comprehend whether it was because I nearly got hit by Jess and her crew in her car or the way Will was holding me.

"What the fuck?" Will immediately screamed as Jessa climbed out of her car. She quickly pulled her sunglasses down with a wide smirk on his face. "Oops, keep your girl on a leash next time," she sneered. "Or should I say your bitch," she teased as she brushed past him.

I glared at her in disbelief. Before I got a chance to speak, Will put his hand up to stop me, glaring at Jessa. "Jess, jealousy is one thing but trying to hurt someone else is taking this to the extreme," he snapped.

She frowned, the fake tears starting. "You hurt me, William. You really did," He cringed at his name. Her tears stopped after a few seconds and her mouth curved up into a smirk. "You're next honey. I hope your shattered heart is ready for more heartbreak," she said as she headed off.

I watched her leave in silence.

"Are you okay?" He asked suddenly.

I jumped as his voice broke me out of my trance. I quickly looked at Will before shaking my head. "If hanging out with you is going to get me fucking killed then I can't do this. She's psycho," I sneered.