Chapter 17

Skylynn's POV

I laid in bed, the only lights coming from the street lights outside. I knew Will had my number and I wanted him to call or text. It was the one thing on my mind. And I couldn't stimulate that because I didn't have his number.

And Dave had taken my phone.

I watched the ceiling and listened to the cars pass by outside. It was lonely. I felt like I was isolated from the world. I was isolated from school but the world was a little extreme.

Zoey slept beside me, her small snores also adding to the night sounds. I concentrated on her face. It mirrored mine except younger and untouched. I rose my hand and touched my cheek, a small pain zapping through the right side of my face immediately.

I supposed no school for a few days would help me hide this. I was used to it. I no longer ran. I no longer hid from Dave. I knew, either way, he would get what he wanted. I accepted that if I was wrong, I would be punished. My next step was sticking up for myself.

But how?

I shuffled onto my side, a pain shocking through my hip. I was used to it. I could handle it. I always did.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I frowned as I felt something against my window. I pushed myself out of bed without disturbing Zoey. She stirred but stayed asleep. I grimaced as another rock hit my window. If Dave heard.

I pushed open the curtains slightly to find Will standing by the front door, throwing small rocks at my window. He barely saw me and continued to throw them. I had a feeling I wasn't going to be staying here tonight and I wasn't leaving Zoey. I scooped her sleeping figure into my arms as I growled lowly then rushed downstairs.

I opened the door quietly and shivered immediately. It was getting cold. Will caught a sight of me immediately and stopped throwing the rocks. As soon as the porch light turned on, his mouth dropped at sight of me.

His eyes hooded with anger. His attitude changed in the speed of light and if I didnt stop him, he would've done something he might regret. I grabbed a hold of his arms with the arm that wasn't carrying Zoey as he tried to get inside. He protested against me but I used all my strength to hold him back.

"In the car Will. Please," I begged.

He watched me intensely before heading to his car. I followed in silence and climbed into the passenger seat. Zoey stayed asleep in my lap. He immediately took his sweatshirt off and handed it to me. I smiled in response.

"What the hell happened Skylynn?" He snapped his tone still harsh.

I shhh'ed him as the porch light turned off. "Can we go somewhere? Please," I asked. He nodded. "I want to tell you everything. I trust you," I admitted.

He nodded once again before starting his car. I noticed the front door opened and the porch light turned back on but in the second I saw Dave's angry face, Will drove quickly. He had no way to contact me. He had my phone. Zoey was safe.

I was alone with my sister and Will and it would stay that way until I knew things were going to change. I didn't want to see Dave for a solid week at least. He had no relation to me. He had no right to hurt me.

"Where do we go?" I asked quietly.

"We have three days. A good 72 hours. What do you say we head up north? Go visit your Dad?" Will suggested.

I nodded immediately. That was my plan for this weekend but with recent suspension from school, I doubt I would've been allowed out.

I held Zoey tightly, her body so small and fragile. If I had left her, I knew I would've regretted it. I could never forgive myself for leaving her alone with a psychopath.