Chapter 10

Skylynn's POV

I opened the front door the next morning with my hair a mess and my short shorts on. I was surprised to see Joseph a day early. He pushed my appearance to the side and wrapped his arm around me immediately. "Hey baby sister," he smiled.

I tiredly hugged him, his scent and warmth something I missed terribly. "What the hell did he do to you?" He snapped.

I looked at him confused. "What? What do you mean?" I asked.

He gave me a dumbfounded look. "I can see the faded bruise on your face and your leg. What happened?"

I pulled him inside and shut the door behind him. It was unpolite to leave him outside. He walked into the living room, looking around curiously. Once he sat on the sofa silently while I headed to the kitchen to make us a hot chocolate.

I boiled the jug, leaning against the bench. I had to introduce him to Zoey as soon as she woke up. I made us both a mug of hot chocolate and handed it to him as I approached the living room again.

He took it without hesitation and grinned at the first sip. "You've still got your skills sky," He grinned.

I smiled. "Why thank you," I said politely. He laughed. "This wasn't dave. I got into a fight with this girl at school. She's a total bitch but I didnt expect anything less of her,"

He raised an eyebrow. "You're telling me that fucker hasn't touched you?" He asked quietly. I shrugged, "He has but not as bad as you'd expect. With our new addition around he hasn't had much chance,"

Joseph looked at me confused. "Mom had a baby?"

"Dad actually. Well not him of course. His girlfriend in jail. She's four and she's been with the girl's parents until now. They were moving so he asked if we could take care of her. She's the sweetest, you'll love-"

"You're not worried about him? What he could do to her?" Joseph interrupted.

I shook my head. "She's four and he's not a rapist Joseph. She's safe,"

He nodded, taking another sip of his hot chocolate. I took a sip of mine too, the warmth spreading throughout my body.

"I'd love to meet her before I go," He said. 

I looked up suddenly. "What? You're leaving?"

He leaned forward, his chin on his fingers. "I had planned the week here with you but I have to get back. I didn't realize taking a conjoint degree required extra examinations and they're coming up in the next few days,"

I sighed. "Well, I'm sure you'll ace them. When do you leave?"

"Tonight. I'm so sorry Sky. I know I promised I'd be here," He said before I shook my head. He had to go. He had exams. That was more important than a trip to Seattle anyway.

---------------------------------------------

I arrived at school slightly late and rushed to my locker. The halls were empty. "Shit," I muttered as I shoved everything in my locker.

I then ran to my first class, bumping into someone on the way. Will's hands grabbed my waist before I fell. I felt a blush rise on my pale cheeks as he kept hold of me tightly.

"Slow down speedy," he smirked.

I pushed his hands off subtly. "Will please. I'm already late and I can't afford detention today. Not today of all days," I pleaded.

He ignored my sentence, his fingers rising to grasp my face. I froze immediately as he ran his finger along the bruise on my face. Joseph was right, a bruise was forming and it had become stronger as the day progressed.