Chapter 32

Skylynn's POV

Will and I didn't find much in the hotel. We walked around our floor, inspected a few floors down until we got to the lobby which was now empty. We took the elevator back up to our room, a few kisses, lip bites and flirty comments on the way.

I crashed first, my body going into sleep mood the second we got back into bed and I rested my head on Will's shoulder. He followed shortly after, his head falling onto mine and his snores waking me when he did.

The next day was too boring, the rain still pouring. We headed home and Will didn't come inside this time. I spent the day with Zoey and avoiding Dad and his apologies. Everyone was driving me crazy today.

Everybody except Zoey. She slept beside me the next night, her small snores made me smile. She hadn't snored in a while and when I looked to my side she was awake. She cuddled into my chest tighter, her hands resting on my stomach.

I adjusted my arm until I could play with her brown strands of hair. She grinned, her eyes shut.

"Why are you awake honey? It's late," I whispered.

She shrugged, opening her eyes to look at me. "Dad was angry when he got home. He was saying mean things," she whispered back.

I frowned. "Like what Zoey?"

"He was talking to Mommy and saying that you were sad. He didn't know where you went then he was yelling about moving away and Mommy said thats selfish of him. They said lots of bad words but Mommy told me to come upstairs," she explained.

"Your Mom or mine?" I asked gently.

She pointed to me, playing with the material of Will shirt. I sighed, kissing her forehead. "I'm sorry I left you and Dad, Zoey. But I don't want you to move. I love having you around and it will be hard if you're with your grandparents," I said softly.

She nodded, sitting up on the bed. I watched her as she climbed out of bed. She headed for her toy box and grabbed a few toys. She then climbed back into bed and sat beside me, holding her soft toy elephant, mouse and tiger.

"But this is you," she pointed to the mouse. "And the elephant is Daddy and the tiger is me. When Daddy takes me away and you stay here, we can still talk and you can come visit me. Mommy said that you won't be happy because she works lots but she said that she will use her savings to give you a plane ticket,"

I smiled slightly. "And then the gorilla here is Will and he will stay with you and keep you company," I laughed loudly when she held the gorilla 'Will' toy with the mouse. "And he loves you and he's your boyfriend so you can love him too,"

I chuckled, shaking my head in amusement. "Zoey, how can a gorilla and a mouse be boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked curiously.

She shrugged. "Maybe the gorilla can be a mini gorilla or he can bend down to kiss the mouse but I don't think they can make babies,"

I quickly grabbed the gorilla and mouse from her hands, her giggle erupting throughout our room.

"Zoey, the gorilla 'Will' and the mousey 'Skylynn' are not making babies," I explained.

She frowned. "But why not? You can have another child to look after and replace me,"

I laughed at her theory, hugging her to my chest. "I love you so much Zoey, I really do," I squeezed her against me. She giggled softly. "And if Daddy does take you away then you promise to steal his phone every day and call me. And make sure you steal the hot chocolate too so you can make some and it will remind you of me,"

She giggled. "But I will take a picture of you and put it by my bed. I won't forget you," she said sadly.

"Me neither baby. Me neither," I kissed her forehead, feeling a small tear run down my cheek. I didn't want her to see me cry. I held her head and cuddled her tightly. I would need to make the most of this before she leaves.