Chapter 49

Skylynns POV

On my days leading up to our big move, we had barely heard from Will. Besides contact with his Mom and Dad, no one knew where he had gone. His Mom explained that he had done this in the past. Before he met me.

She said he had been gone for a month. Crashed at a friends place out of town. Mom had paid our movers to pack the house for us and it was all on the move to New York. I sat in my bed, the bed I had been sharing with Zoey for the past month.

She put her card in the middle of us, grinning.

"Last card," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes, placing down a two. Zoey groaned, grabbing two cards from the pile. "Why do you always have the evil cards?" She whined.

I shrugged, placing down one of my cards. "I guess I'm just lucky. Are you excited to be moving?" I asked.

Zoey shrugged. "It beats living in a one bedroom motel. I hope Dad's okay with staying here," she said sincerely. She placed down a 2, making me smile.

I picked up my two cards and waited for her next move.

"He's got your Mom and besides, a year will fly by. I'll be done with my first year of University," I grinned, placing down my card on top of hers.

"Did you forget something?" Mom called from the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I'll be done with my first semester of University. Why is it a big deal?" I yelled back.

I could hear her sigh. "Because you're boyfriend hasn't been in contact with you. I thought he'd be more supportive about the baby thing," she said.

I shrugged. "Mom! He doesn't know. He thinks I was lying, how is he supposed to support me when he has no clue how I am or if I'm alive?" I yelled.

She opened the door, placing her makeup bag on the floor. "Do you still considering him your boyfriend?" She asked.

I sighed, handing my cards to Zoey. "Ill be back in a second Zoey. Don't cheat," I teased, kissing her forehead.

I stood up, following Mom into the bathroom.

She rested against the sink, grabbing my hands. "You're so young honey. I know you, you would never give your baby up, but are you going to hold onto a boy who's god knows where?" She asked. "I see it on your face every time one of your friends texts you. You think its him but it's not. His Mom said he's stubborn, I get it. But a month away from home and with no contact to even ask if you're okay? What kind of Dad would he be?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Mom. I don't want to fight over this, but what kind of Dad was mine? He sacrificed his family for money and then the second he was let out, he wanted to take Zoey. He had a child with another woman Mom. Please dont judge Will before you look at our situation," I sighed.

She nodded. "I know baby, I know. Our family isn't the most functional but we will manage. Do you feel like some left overs?" She opened the door, letting me out. "My little nieta must be starving,"

I chuckled. "Mom, you don't know the gender or Spanish?"

She raised her hand. "If im going to be a grandma young I'm going to be a cool one, okay?"

I shook my head in amusement. "If you must,"

-----------------

We arrived in New York just days later, with no word from Will. The city was busy, extremely loud and with all the choices in food, my little babies cravings started to get to me. Mom unlocked the door to our new apartment, the fresh small wafting out.