Chapter 24

Warning: This chapter may be very cringeworthy and I heard this song at the gym and I could only imagine Sky playing around with Will singing it. I cringe myself but I love it at the same time.  Play the song above as it begins ;)

-------------------

Skylynn's POV

I woke to find Will was awake beside me. It wasn't sunny out but rather dark. Will smiled softly, his arm holding my waist tightly. I snuggled closer to him. This was one of the most awkward things I had woken up to, but it felt comforting. Protective.

"Thank god, you stayed," I whispered.

You're a disappointment. That boy you're chasing after will see it in no time. You're a disappointment.

He frowned. "Of course I stayed," he muttered. "I care Skylynn. I wouldn't have dealt with an arm cramp for the past four hours if I didn't," he joked. I moved away from his arm slightly before he pulled me back against his body tightly. "Don't go,"

I shook my head amused. "What time is it?" I asked.

He glanced at the time on my bedside clock. "Just past eight," PM. I frowned. "Your Mom's gone down to the station to give her statement already. She wanted you to come but she let you sleep," he said.

I nodded. "You didn't have to deal with an arm cramp or whatever else Will. If you're needed at home, don't stay please,"

He shook his head. "I want to stay. For as long as you need,"

I nodded. I noticed Zoey was sitting on the floor playing with her toys in silence. She knew something was off and it was affecting everyone here. I didn't want that. I had time to grieve on my own.

While Will was here and Zoey was feeling down, I wanted to bring the mood up. I had cried out every inch of water in my body and the rest could wait. I needed a distraction.

I sat up and Will immediately frowned. He stretched his arm above his head and I could see the relief he felt when his cramp diminished. I struggled to avoid the way his shirt rose as he did and I caught a glimpse of his torso.

I forced myself to look away but Will had already seen where my eyes were. He glanced up at me and winked.

That damn wink. He was so full of himself. He knew he was good looking and he found it amusing. If only he toned down his ego a little.

"Zoey, do you want to come do karaoke with Will and I?"I asked.

Will smirked. "You're going to sing for me?"

I glanced at him. "Not everything's about you, William," I snapped. He raised his hands in a mock surrender stance. Zoey nodded enthusiastically and stood. She headed downstairs quickly without a word.

I climbed over Will, his hand trapped my leg before I had the chance to remove myself from him. I rested sitting on his lower torso and folded my arms over my chest. I didnt want to show him how awkward I felt.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He smirked. "If I said you, would you killed me?" he asked seriously.

I shrugged, the butterflies returning to my stomach. I didn't think I'd feel them for a while. Every time I saw him I waited for him to leave. For him to see the disappointment in me and walk away without looking back.

"I might strangle you until you can't breathe then let you go right before you die," I answered playfully. "Like the millisecond before you die. This close to before you die," I held my fingers in front of his face with the smallest gap I could make.