Chapter 28

Skylynn's POV

The drove home was insanely quiet. I sat beside Will in the passenger's seat and he didnt makes conversation with anyone. Jason, on the other hand, complained the entire way home about losing the game.

And it was getting on everyone's last nerve.

"So you let her fucking shoot you with two guns? What the hell is wrong with you Will, you've shown mercy to no one. Ever," Jason whined.

I rolled my eyes, flicking his forehead as it appeared between the seats. "No wonder Shane and Willa went home with Hannah! You're such a dickhead," I complained. I unbuckled my seatbelt, pushing myself out of the seat. I reached over the backseats, attempting to draw a dick on his head with my nails. I had drunk a little alcohol by now. "Dickhead," I muttered.

He slumped back in his seat, his arms folded across his chest. "Tell us why Will. Tell us why you gave up our teams reputation and you let her shoot you,"

"Actually I would've shot him either way. He didn't let me win-" I defended.

"He did. He could've shot you and Shane the second he found you or when he caught you at the flagpole.  And do you know why he let you win?" Jason continued.

I glanced at Will. his mouth pressed into a hard line. I sighed, resting back in my seat. "I don't need to hear it, Jason. He may have let me win but it doesn't matter. I don't want to know,"

Will glanced at me, a small smile on his lips. He mouthed a 'thanks'. "Put your seatbelt on. I'm not risking hurting you," he ordered. I put it back on, avoiding his eyes. I didn't know what had gotten into him.

I rolled my eyes, tilting his chin back towards the road. We both found ourselves very distracted when it came to driving. Jason stayed silent for the ride home, the alcohol in his blood and his agrivation from loosing clearly didnt mix well.

We arrived home shortly after 1 am and we dropped Jason and Matt off at Matt's place. From there the ride was silent. I wanted to ask why Will was so mad but I chose not too.

But when we arrived at his house, I looked at him confused.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

He opened his car door and ignored my question. I folded my arms across my chest, watching as he walked around the car. He opened my door and watched me.

"I'm not moving until you tell me why we came," I said firmly.

"This is my house so I drove myself home and I have something to show you," He answered simply.

It was enough for me. I climbed out of his car and let him shut it behind me. We walked inside, the house silent. He headed straight upstairs. I followed behind, catching his fingers with mine. He immediately held my hand.

When we got to the third and highest story of his house, I watched confused when I noticed a picnic blanket, picnic basket and his laptop laid out on the wooden floor.

"We'll get to this later. Ladies first," He opened the door, revealing stairs up onto the roof.

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you going to kill me?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "Yes, then I'm going to push you off the rooftop into incoming traffic," he teased. "I'd like to think you trust me by now,"

I nodded. He motioned for me to go upstairs. I climbed up the rigid stairs until the city of Seattle met my eyes. The view was amazing from here. Will followed me and let my hand go. He sat on the velvet sofa that was strategically placed on the roof.