Chapter 47

Skylynn's POV

The night had been hectic. Will and I proceeded to play another 4 rounds of drunk bowling until the alley shut, then we spent the night roaming the town and getting lost in hideous amounts of snow.

I grinned as we finally approached our little hut. It was now 7 am, I was running on no sleep and there was still plenty of alcohol running through my veins. I stumbled slightly as I bent down, grabbing a handful of snow.

Will watched intensely, raising an eyebrow. "If you throw that at me, I'll bury you in the snow," he threatened playfully, holding his hands up.

I raised my eyebrow too, nodding. "How romantic," I muttered, rolling the snow into a ball.

Will headed for me as I threw the hard ball at him, watching the snow cover his grey hoodie. He reached me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders in a bear hug. I giggled loudly, throwing my head back as he tackled me into a pile of snow.

He straddled my waist, building a pile of snow around my neck. The cold substance met my skin, making me gasp in horror. He continued to bury me, building up snow around my hair.

"Will!" I screamed, kicking snow up on top of him from my feet.

He laughed, using his hands to pin me down. "You may have won five games of bowling but I'll always win play wrestling!" He defended, his words slurred slightly.

"William Morales! Get your fat ass off me!" I shook my arms, trying to push him off.

He stood up, grabbing my hands and hoisting me out of the snow. I shook my hair in his face, watching the snow spray onto his face. I laughed as he brushed it off, grabbing me and pulling me closer.

I calmed down quickly, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Where are you applying to study after we graduate?" I asked.

His mood changed, something about it made me think he was excited for the future.

"I've applied to a couple in Washington. The University of Washington is my first choice though," he said simply. I frowned. He already knew what he wanted, and he didn't plan on moving.

"You didn't want to go to university out of Washington?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I've never considered it. Call me a Mommies boy all you want but I couldn't imagine leaving my family behind. I've put Emily through enough with high school, I feel like I owe it to my family to stay and be there for them," he explained.

I smiled, playing with the strands on the hair on the back of his head. It was a good reason, I totally understood why he wanted to stay.

"Where do you plan on studying?" He asked, his question hesitant.

"I applied for Columbia University," I said honestly. His eyes dulled. "It's about time. We're nearly into exams and graduation," I whispered hesitantly.

He stayed silent, his eyes avoiding mine. "Will," I asked.

He shook my head, his grip on my waist tightening. "Is Columbia the only place you've applied?"

I shook my head in response. "No, of course not. It's my first choice though. I made such a big deal about Dad moving away with Zoey that its wrong for me to leave. I guess that way if he did decide to leave, I wouldn't be so far from them and Mom's agreed she would move with me and find an apartment for herself,"

He smiled a clearly fake smile. "I'm happy for you. If you want to study at Columbia University then I'll be happy when you get in," his eyes shone with sadness.