Chapter 33

Skylynn's POV

I grabbed my backpack full of things for the weekend. I didn't need much. Clothing was on Will. I could wear anything of his and pull it off besides my party dress. I had my phone and charging cable, his present, and my wallet.

I brushed past Dad in the kitchen, grabbing a granola bar to snack on. He watched me, a frown forming on his face.

"Skylynn, if you're going to give me the cold shoulder until I move out then it's going to get very awkward in here. I can't move for two years, I'm sorry I even mentioned it," he apologised.

I scoffed. "You're sorry you mentioned it? I don't care if you're going tomorrow or in two years, its still happening and I'm not happy about it. Tell Mom I'll be home Sunday night," I opened the front door.

Dad sighed. "If you're going to Will's for the weekend, I can't stop whatever you two do. Just remember to use protection," he called.

I smirked to myself. "Take your own advice Dad, that condom in jail was either non-existent or it was faulty but it doesn't matter. Zoey's your favourite," I replied sarcastically.

I could feel his glare on my back but I shut the door before I had to deal with it. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. A little conversation with Dad wasn't going to ruin Will's birthday weekend.

------------------------------------

I stood at Will's kitchen stove, putting my cooking skills on display. It was more like reading a recipe and trying to follow it to the best of my ability but its the thought that counts. Will had gone out to the liquor store to buy the alcohol as his parents were leaving.

"Skylynn darling. I don't know why you're cooking for Will. He should be the one cooking for you," His Mom commented, dragging her suitcase downstairs.

Emily followed behind her, a wide grin on her beautiful face. I shrugged it off, glancing at the recipe I had printed.

"It's his birthday weekend and he's offered for me to stay so its the least I can do," I responded.

His Mom glanced over at the pot I was using. She took a sniff of the air and grinned. "It smells amazing. He loves Pasta, I'm not sure if he told you but it was his childhood favourite," she smiled as his Dad headed downstairs.

He noticed me and smiled. "What're you doing here Sky?" He asked.

"Will asked me to stay the weekend. That's alright with you, isn't it?" I asked.

He nodded quickly. "Of course. He said things at home aren't the best right now. You're always welcome here and now that you and Will are official, it makes you part of the furniture," he grinned.

I smiled as they headed for the door. Will's Dad grabbed the keys and helped Emily with her bags outside.

"Have a good weekend Skylynn," his Mom called. "Oh, and I know what Will's like. He'll use this free time for his sex drive. I don't know how you feel about making love but if you do, use protection, please.We're not ready for grandbabies yet. I'll call and tell Will later,"

I nodded, my cheeks flushing red. "Of course Mrs Morales. I didn't think that was part of the plan anyway," I scratched my neck awkwardly. I was furious with Dad earlier when he mentioned using a condom but Will's parents used the warning in such a caring matter. My Dad, on the other hand, was trying to rile me up.

They headed out and left the house for me. I continued stirring the tomato and herb sauce while the pasta boiled. It was a simple dinner but when his Mom mentioned that pasta was a favourite, I was thankful for my choice.