Chapter 25

Skylynn's POV

Zoey headed off to bed when mom arrived home and it was safe to say, things were awkward already. I sat beside Will on the corner of the sofa, his legs outstretch onto the leg rest. I curled mine up into my chest and watched Mom.

I wasn't sure if she was sticking around to watch us or if she wasn't quite ready to sleep yet. Either way, I felt like we were being observed. Mom flustered around, the kitchen light is the only one on in the darkness.

I jumped slightly when Will wrapped his arm around my shoulder, a smirk on his face. "Why so jumpy?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I know Mom's watching. She's done this before," I whispered, moving closer. She knew something was going on and cuddling with Will wasn't much of an issue. I rested my head on his shoulder and grinned as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"What happened with Dave this afternoon?" He asked again.

I sighed immediately. "He didnt avoid the fact that he's been abusive at all. He had the decency to try pulling my hair in front of Mom and thats saying something," I explained. "He needs the help,"

At the mention of my hair, he moved his hand until it rested on my head, his fingers rubbing my hair. It felt amazing.

"Did he say anything to you?"

I frowned. You're a disappointment. That boy you're chasing after will see it in no time. He said that Will would see me as a failure and leave. He said this to a young girl, right to her face. What kind of person does that?

"He was drunk. It was all just harsh truth," I shrugged.

Will frowned as well, his eyes watching mine intensely. I smiled sadly. "He's gone now," I reached up to pull his frown back into his smile and the contact between my finger and his skin made him smile uncontrollably.

His beautiful smile. I took in his features as I looked up at him. I had done this plenty of times before but this time was different. His eyes were not just brown. They had specks of green in certain lighting. His hair had small golden locks that were observable occasionally. His teeth were perfectly aligned but his smile was crooked.

His nose was shorter at the bridge although it fit his face perfectly. His cheeks rose when he was happy, like plump baby cheeks. I smiled even wider as I noticed all the different things I hadn't taken the time to notice before.

He was perfect. I loved every feature. Every single flaw and every single perfection. I love him, for who he is and it terrified me.

He smiled even wider. "Are you done checking me out yet?" He teased. "I mean, I know its impossible to look away and you don't have to but being stuck in this position so you can catch every perfection is giving me a cramp,"

I laughed loudly, covering my mouth immediately. "You get more cramps than girls Will. Maybe you should get that checked out," I placed my hand on his thigh, his smirk growing.

"I could, but I make sacrifices for perfection," he mocked.

I nodded, looking out the window. I hummed along to the song I had sung earlier, 'Obsessed'. Will tightened his hold on my waist and smirked as he recognized the song. He knew I was referring to him and his obsession with himself. "I know what you're doing," he whispered.

I rolled my eyes. "I have no clue what you mean, William," I denied cheekily.

He placed a kiss on my temple, smiling against my skin. "How are you so perfect?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I've got good genes?"

He laughed gently, refusing to reply when Mom stood in the doorway, her arms folded over her chest. I didnt bother to move. It's not like we were doing anything inappropriate. She flicked the kitchen light off.