Chapter 39

Skylynn's POV

I sat downstairs in the basement later that week, Willa to one side and Jessa to the other. Jessa sat with a bottle of water in her hands and a blanket wrapped around her aching body. She hadn't quite improved from the sickness she felt, me on the other hand? I was drowning my own sorrows slow and steady.

I took a sip from my beer bottle, as did Willa.

"Do you know how jealous I am that you two can drink?" Jessa muttered, her head turned towards us.

I chuckled, reaching out for her hand. "You're little devil will thank you for it in no time Jess," I reassured her. "Besides, you're not missing much aside from a spinning brain and a messy head," I slurred.

Willa laughed. "I think she means little surprise, spinning head and messy thoughts," She cleared up.

I nodded, waving my hand around as if I agreed. "Yes, I do mean little spinning brain," I clarified, making Jessa crack a smile. "My little spinning brain needs some excitement," I pushed myself off the sofa, my legs immediately felt like jelly.

I hadn't heard from Will for the past three days and it was driving me crazy. I had been locked in the basement with Jessa the majority of the time except now that Willa joined us. She too stood up, grabbing Jessa's hands.

"Baby Momma, we need a sober driver," She giggled as Jessa threw her blanket to the sofa. "But if you're going to vomit out the window then I think I'm sober enough to drive," she shrugged.

I held my hand out. "Keys Willa, I can take the wheel," I waited patiently.

Jessa scoffed. "Hell no, I will happily hold in my vomit to avoid your little spinning brain from driving, let's go," She pushed me lightly upstairs, a giggle escaping my mouth involuntarily.

Willa closed the door behind our den and opened the front door. Jessa quickly pushed the front door open and shoved me outside before Mom or Dad caught me in my state. I wanted to shrug it off but I couldn't quite bring myself to shrug.

It ended up more of a one-sided shrug that made me look like I was broken.

"We're going to do something fun, maybe illegal," I slurred, resting against Willa's car as Jessa unlocked it.

Willa rolled her eyes, shoving me in the back seat. "Sure, if you want to end up in jail, troublemaker," she teased. "We're going for a calm drive until you sober up," she explained.

I giggled. "Sobers my middle name. Skyla Sober Harding. Maybe Skyla Sober Morales if my lovebird stops being an asshole and calls me," I rambled.

Jessa started the engine, watching me from the rear vision mirror. "She's so drunk she cant even remember her own name," she snickered.

I frowned, pointing at Jessa. "Thats not true Jessalynn, I do remember my own name and my own name is Skyla. Let's do something illegal," I repeated.

Jessa reversed out of my driveway, driving down the street.

"Swap the a in Skyla for the Lynn in Jessalyn and you'll be good," she teased.

------------------------------------

We arrived home extremely late and crept inside, despite my effort at that. I rested against Willa's body, Jessa shutting the door behind us. I laid my head on her shoulder, yawning gently. We had spent the night at an arcade.

Let's just say drunk arcade games were not fun, but very competitive.

Until we eventually got kicked out. Willa scooped her arms under my legs, lifting me into her arms. I relaxed in her arms as we headed downstairs, our camping situation still set up for the past three days.