Chapter 29

Skylynn's POV

I arrived home earlier than Mom would've expected. She could consider it late since she assumed I'd be home last night. I pushed the door open, Will's sweatshirt flung over my arm. The house was silent but it felt different.

Someone else had been here. I could smell cologne, and it wasn't the sleazy playboy cologne Dave used to use.

"Hello?" I called, placing my things on the sofa.

Will shut the door behind me, insisting he'd come in. I would've driven home alone except that I didn't take my car and I had no other way home besides Mom and her thousand questions I would receive if she picked me up.

The door clicked shut as a bowl was placed on the kitchen bench. Mom was awake early.

"Looks like we've got the place to ourselves, girlfriend," Will whispered, his hands snaking around my waist from behind.

I shoved them off quickly, grinning at him. "I appreciate the affection but someones awake," I muttered as I headed for the kitchen. "Mom, you're awake early. Is everything oka-" I paused when I noticed a male figure standing at the bench.

But when he looked up I was speechless. Dad placed his bowl in the sink and his eyes scanned up and down my body.

"Mom was called into work early this morning. I thought I'd surprise you here last night but you were busy," he glanced over my shoulder at Will, a charming smile on his face as he looked at my boyfriend.

I didn't want to tell them yet. I needed some security in our relationship first.

I ran towards Dad and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. He immediately held my waist, my feet off the ground. He was here, he was really here. I didn't need to see his poorly face in a secure room.

He was here in our kitchen with the freedom to go where he wanted and to live without the constant monitoring of the prison guards. I sobbed into his shoulder, his arms tightening around my waist.

"I expected to be here with the fuckwit. Did Mom get rid of him already?" He whispered.

I nodded, removing my face from his shoulder so I could face him. "She did it a couple of days ago. He's gone,"

Dad nodded, kissing my cheek. "Care to introduce me to your friend?"

He let me go, my feet back on the ground. Boyfriend or friend? I wanted to tell him, but not before Mom knew. He would be suspicious if I told him Will was a friend, considering that I had told him about Will and my feelings for him.

And Will would be lost if I told Dad he was just a friend.

I smiled at Will, his eyes flicking at Dad and I. I grasped his hand, pulling him closer. He was a little distant. He found it awkward since he had never met Dad.

"Dad, this is my boyfriend Will," I answered honestly.

Dad raised an eyebrow, glancing at Will. "The Will you told me about months ago? The Will you frantically spilt your feelin-"

"Yes, the Will. Not now Dad," I muttered the last part in annoyance.

Will laughed softly, hold his hand out to Dad. They shook hands, a wide smile on Dad's face. He had never been one to despise his daughter's boyfriend. Ever. He was accepting and he would encourage a relationship more than anyone.

"Nice to meet you," Will said.

I giggled at his tone. He was so different.

"You too Son. How long has this-"