Chapter 37

Skylynn's POV

I sat beside Willa as I watched my boyfriend play beer pong. He was insanely drunk already, not that I minded. It was his birthday and his choice and I wasn't in the mood to be a nagging girlfriend. He already had enough on his mind and I didn't want to push it.

I wanted him to let me in.

I hadn't felt that light-headed drunk feeling since my own birthday. The time Will kissed me. So much had changed since then. Will threw his orange ball and it landed in the cup opposite him, Jason glaring at Will.

"How the fuck can you aim when you can barely stand?" He yelled over the music.

Will shrugged, his hand resting on the table in order to balance himself. Matt stood behind him just in case, his drunk state clearly untrustable.

Jason chugged the cup of beer and threw it behind him, grabbing the ball. He threw it and it missed Wills. Will smirked, pointing to Jason. "You, my friend, should never play sports. You'd be kicked off any team in two seconds," he slurred.

Willa nudged me, her eyes searching mine. "You okay?" She asked kindly.

I nodded, giving her a reassuring smile. I took a sip of my alcoholic beverage, the substance unknown to me. It was premade and it tasted very strong. Not that I was complaining.

"It's his birthday," I shrugged. "He was a little off this morning. He wouldn't talk about it and thats why I'm a little pissed," I admitted.

Willa nodded, her arm coming around my shoulder. "Give him time. He'll talk to you when he's ready to," She assured. I nodded in response. "Did I tell you that Shane can be a total asshole? Im glad he's not here right now," she said.

I gaped at her, my eyes scanning the room for Shane. I wanted to know what had happened.

"What the hell did he do?" I snapped, standing from my seat.

Willa immediately grabbed my hand and pulled me back to her. "Relax John Cena," I unclenched my fists. "The reason is fucking dumb. He said he doesn't spend enough time with his friends and neither do I. He's been a flirt all night," she sighed. "It's all an excuse. He wants his freedom back to fuck who he wants," she slurred.

She too was drunk.

I frowned. It was my turn to support her. I wrapped my arms around her waist, snuggling my head into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Willa. I know how much he means to you," I whispered.

She shrugged. "It is what it is. My brothers have been on him for the past few days since we broke things off," she laughed at that. "I love having brothers. They are a pain in the ass and they smell like total shit but they're protective. I love my friends too," she rested her head on mine. "You're a good friend Sky. Even if I had to end things with Shane to find you,"

I laughed gently, slipping my fingers into hers and squeezing her hand tightly. "You're a strong girl. You will find someone better,"

She scoffed. "He's your best friend and you're telling me I'll find someone better?"

"Willa, I haven't seen him in weeks. If he was my best friend we would make an effort to spend time together like we used to. Things change,"

I glanced up when I noticed Will standing in front of us, his game finished. He looked handsome despite his ability to walk straight and the way his eyes had faded into a slight red colour.

He held his hand out for me. "Wilhelmina's stealing my girl," he said in a baby voice. I rolled my eyes, pushing myself up from the sofa. I wrapped my arms around Will's neck, smiling as his face lit up.