Chapter 42

A little side note: this chapter doesn't go into much detail for those of you who enjoy smut but you will get the idea of whats going on. The entire chapter revolves around this moment in Sky's life and therefore if you wish to skip it and move on, it won't affect the story (except maybe if/when Skylynn or Will shows off about it to their friends and possibly family who find out but thats whats yet to come!!). Enjoy ;)

Skylynn's POV

I laid in bed, my eyes were drawn to the ceiling. After our food fight, Mom banished Will to the sofa while I was upstairs and lonely. Dad still hadn't come home and mission basement wasn't in motion yet.

I didn't know if it would be.

I felt Zoey stir beside me, wrapping her arms around my stomach. She sighed heavily, her small mouth turned up into a frown. I glanced at the time on my phone. It was just past two am. It was past our time for mission basement to work.

Mom had once again, ruined my chance at something I wanted. Zoey stirred, even more, whimpering softly. I sat up slightly, pulling her body gently onto my lap. She rested her head on my chest, a small tear rolling down her cheek.

Her eyes fluttered open but she struggled to stay awake with her tired heavy eyes.

"Zoey," I whispered. She glanced up at me, her eyes fluttering shut. "Why are you crying, honey? Whats wrong?" I asked quietly.

She frowned, holding me tighter. "I had a nightmare," she sobbed gently. "That daddy never left jail and David was still here," she admitted. "And he wanted to keep me,"

I brushed her hair softly, feeling her relax under my touch. "It's okay Zoey. He's not going to get to you ever again,"

She dug her face into my shirt as she laid back down, holding me comfortingly. My phone buzzed on my bedside table as she drifted back to sleep, her eyes shut in no time. I grabbed my phone, grinning when I read Wills message.

'It's dark and cold down here. I think I saw someone outside.'

I rolled my eyes, sending a quick reply. 'I didn't know the Will Morales was scared of the dark? Good luck, you have about 6 hours to go.'

He replied in no time. 'I miss you. Come down and we'll find somewhere quiet.'

I smirked. 'The entire house is quiet? I'm enjoying the comfort of my own bed.'

I found myself looking at his contact number as he decided to call me instead of texting back. I ignored his call, resting further into my comfy blankets. My phone lit up not long after, making me groan.

'Mission basement? Did you forget?'

I typed a quick reply. 'Mission basement is terminated. Mom's already mad enough.'

I could imagine his disappointment, as I was too. I frowned when I got no reply. I shut my eyes, continuously stroking Zoey's soft hair. I had to sleep. Will was insane if he thought I'd be up making love all night when we had school tomorrow.

My eyes widened as I heard my door creak open. Will stood in the doorway, his facial features lighting up with the streetlights.

"You're obsessed," I whispered.

I failed to miss his nod as he headed for me. He rested his hands on my bed, smirking. "We're sneaking out and going for a drive. Your Mom will never know," he said, his voice deep from his somewhat sleepy state.

And that was how I found myself in his fancy car at three am after detangling myself from Zoey's body. He had his bare hand on my leg and his shirt was nowhere to be found. I sat in my 'underwear shorts' as Joseph called them, watching as we drove through the city.