Chapter 16

Skylynn's POV

I stood beside Willa, my clothes stained by the spaghetti and chocolate pudding we were served today. The entire cafeteria had broken out into a food fight for no reason, except that I wanted to be in that detention with Will.

Jessa had been my prime target once this started. I was pissed and I wanted revenge. She stood on the opposite side of the cafeteria, her clothes and hair stained too. The fight had stopped now when Principal Dickens interfered without getting one bit messy.

"Enough!" He yelled.

Shane too stood beside Willa barely covered in food. Will had somehow disappeared after convincing me to start this. I played with my fingers nervously. I was going to be in the shit. Principal Dickens stood on one of the tables and folded his arms over his chest.

"Everyone one of you is going to stay in your messy clothes until that bell rings at 3 o'clock. Who began this?" He snapped.

I looked down as all eyes immediately fell on me. Principal Dickens too looked at me and sighed in disbelief. I shrugged, a nervous smile on my face.

"Come with me Skylynn. As for everyone else. Head for your next classes," he said lowly. I quickly followed after Principal Dickens. He stayed silent until stopped in the hallway. "You started this? Skylynn this isn't you,"

I scoffed. "It was me. I did it," I admitted.

"Are you covering for someone? You're not the type to throw food Skylynn. You're a good student," He pursued. I nodded. "Well if it was you I have to take serious punishment into my own hands. You're joining the detention crew to clean this up and I'm going to have to suspend you for a few days,"

I gaped at him. "Suspend me? You cant!" I rushed.

"Sky I-" Will said as he headed for me. I looked to my side and shook my head. He immediately slowed down and frowned as he listened. This didn't go exactly how I had planned.

"Three days Skylynn. And you will come in every afternoon for three days to serve detention,"

Will immediately speed up and stood beside me. "It was me, Sir. I started it," He defended. Mr. Dickens looked at him dumbfounded. It was obvious he was lying. I rolled my eyes. Will shrugged, pouring one last chocolate pudding on my head. "Well, I finished it. Suspend me too,"

I gaped at him, smacking his arm. "You didn't have to pour it on me! Don't take the blame, Will," I pleaded.

He shook his head. "If I poured the last bit of this on you Principal Dickens would you suspend me too?" He asked.

Principal Dickens held his hand out as Will prepared to pour chocolate pudding over him. "Don't you dare William. I'm not suspending you," He warned.

Will ignored him. I quickly grabbed the pudding cup from him and held it behind my back. "Three days. I can do that," I said with a nod. Principal Dickens nodded before heading for his office. Will turned to me immediately and raised an eyebrow.

"Do you really think I'm letting you stay home alone for three days? Fuck this place, I'd do anything to leave," He commented, reaching for his pudding.

I stepped back and smirked as his eyes flashed with challenge. "You're going to steal my pudding?"

"Who did you take it from?" I asked as I continued to walk back when he stepped forward. He laughed. "None of your business pretty face. Give it back," He continued to walk towards me.

I smirked. "What if I lick the entire spoon and cup?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I'd want it even more,"