Chapter 30

Skylynn's POV

I walked along the boardwalk, the wind blowing against Will's sweatshirt on my body. I felt frozen but numb. Dad had just come into our lives again and he wanted to move across the country and take Zoey with him. Zoey had become my everything.

She was my distraction when things weren't great with Dave. She kept me entertained on nights where I'd be laying in my room fearing for my safety when I was alone with Dave. He never wanted to hurt her, in a way she protected me.

And now Dad was ready to throw her on a plane and take her from us.

I was furious and angry but numb with pain. One of my worst fears was when people left. Dave was right. He knew that eventually, Will would leave too. But Dad was the first one to do it. His mind was set on it. 

I felt a tear drip down my cheeks as I glanced up at the grey sky. The rain was sure to begin in no time and I just wanted to walk until it got dark and until I could go home without facing Mom or Dad.

Another tear fell along with the first drop of rain. More and more tears fell as the rain got heavier. I felt myself getting drenched but I didn't care. I would walk until I felt right to be home.

I walked along the footpath and past the apartments on the seafront. I noticed a couple in the window. The girl had been looking out the window and her partner stood behind her, his chin on her shoulder as he talked to her.

That was Mom and Dad at some point. That was Will and I now and yet I had all these people to support me and I wanted none of it. 

I passed a few girls running for shelter. A bus drop past and stopped at the bus stop as I wanted to hop on. I didnt. I walked and walked. The sea water splashed up onto the footpath, drenching me even more but I didn't care.

I had cried about Dave so much already and yet all the struggles I had faced other the years still felt caged up in my throat, begging to be released. My throat ached as I felt the urge to sob. I didn't relieve enough emotions about Dave. He had been my hell for five years.

A few days of crying wasn't enough. And Mom, she was always working. She rarely spent time with us. Joseph had his escape years ago and I now felt like his plan of moving away with me all a facade for his chance to move away without me. He had been lucky to leave and dodge Dave's hell but I wasn't.

And Now I was stuck with Mom who was constantly working, Dad who was ready to leave, Zoey who was the best bundle of sunshine in my life, Will who was a work in progress, we are getting somewhere. My friends would leave for university in a few months.

It was a time for escape. Everyone wanted their escape. Except all of their escapes left me shattered. 

I found a small bench under a tree and sat there. The raindrops slid down from the leaves onto the grass. I let out a loud sob, the pain in my throat only escalating. Every emotion wanted to see the world.

I had so much boiled up in my blood and now was my breaking point. Where it all surfaced.

I rested my forehead in my arms, crying to my heart's content. No one was out in the rain. There was no question as to if I was okay or why I'm crying. The answer was always yes and in reality, I wish I could say no. Because it wasn't okay. I wasn't okay.

--------------------------------------------

Will's POV

After a hectic day with Jason and Matt, I finally decided to call Skylynn. She had some time with her Dad and I promised I'd call her. I wanted to hear her sweet voice all day without the clinginess of that exact want.