Crash part 3

Wills POV

The scalpel in my hand buried itself into Jay's ribs with my help of course. A loud scream escaped my baby brother's lips as I did so. His exhausted body arched off the ground as he cried out in misery.

"Just one more second buddy," I tell him as I feel his body go limp. "Jay?" No response. I decided that it will just be easier if I do this while he is unconscious. I took the tube in my left hand and pressed it into his side causing him to suddenly wake from his unconscious state and scream.

"Shh, shh, shh," I hear Erin say trying to calm down her boyfriend as he cried out in agony. He was now even more out of breath as I pushed the tube in deeper waiting to hear the rush of air escape. It wasn't happening. Jay was squirming in pain Erin's kisses and reassuring words were not seeming to do the trick at keeping him calm. I continued to push the tube into Jay's side not stopping though he was continuously moving away from the painful touches. He managed to remove his hand from Erin's' and the free limb bolted down to the two-inch hole that the tube was being shoved into.

"Jay, you need to hold still or this will only take longer. Come on buddy you can do it, I'm almost done, I swear." I tried to explain to him but he didn't seem to care his hand still attempting to remove the tube that wasn't in all the way. I grabbed his hand firmly pulling it above his head and switching positions so I was seated beside Erin. "Erin Grab a pair of gloves you are going to have to finish this, he has to stay still and you aren't strong enough to hold him down."

"No, please stop. Erin, please don't do it," I've never heard him beg before, he must really be in pain to ask her not to do it.

"Sorry, babe I don't want to lose you. I kinda like you a bit," she answered as tears began trickling down her face. Jay looked up at me with pleading eyes as if begging me to make the torture stop.

"Almost there Jay, just a couple more minutes and it will be over," I told him while he looked at me and nodded. "Okay, Erin it's very simply just push the tube deeper into his chest until you hear a rush of air after that you and I are going to switch places again so that I can take a look at his arm." She nodded at me with tears streaming down her pale face. I wrapped both arms around his, grounding him so Erin could save his life. She began doing as I told her and I could feel the resistance against my body. Even in pain Jay's, one arm was barely a match for two of mine. The rush of air finally came and Jay's heaving lungs burst with excitement taking one frantic breath. I let go of his arm and switched with Erin as promised. When she plopped down beside his head her whole body fell to the ground with an audible thump, her eyes shutting as she hit the ground.

"Erin? Erin?" Called a weak Jay, his sense of awareness now raised.

No response.