Promt

So I don't know what to call this but this is a continuation of two promts ago. If you've been reading you'll get it, if not go back.😘😘😘 enjoy!

"How's he doing?" Hank asked, walking briskly into the waiting room of the ED. His brown eyes were filled with red splotches, obviously he had been crying but no one cared to mention it to him. His best friend died. Now the closest thing he had left to a son was in the hospital, feeling the same pain, the same constant ache, as if there was a hole in his heart weighing him down with each pump of bright red blood.

"He should be fine... once the drugs are out of his system." Will explained, his eyes also red from tears, matching the hair on top of his head. "Voight." Will said simply, his voice breaking against the sadness. "I'm sorry about Al."

"Yeah thanks kid." Hank responded, to exhausted to elaborate any farther. "Can I see him?" Hank asked, the same breaking happening in his voice though it was hidden easily from the rasp.

"Yeah follow me." Will answered, gesturing for the older man to follow him towards his hurting brother. They both arrived to the room and Will made some lame excuse about paper work and left as soon as Hank was about to enter. Truthfully he didn't want to be anywhere near his brother when he received the scolding from his superior. Hank took a moment to wrap his fingers around the handle of the door. He took a minute to breathe, collect his thoughts. He took just a minute for himself.

"Hey kid." He greeted, plopping down in the chair and letting out a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? It's okay Jay, I miss him too, everyone messes up and slips up but the difference is not everyone can get back up. That's why I'm here." Jay stared at the man confused. Was this really the Hank Voight he knew? "I want you to come live with me."

"No" Jay answered, his voice firm and decided.

"Son, you don't have a choice! You either come live with me or say goodbye to intelligence. Which will it be?" Hank responded, the same firmness in his voice. "And you'll take weekly drug tests." Jay let out a huff of dissatisfaction, his facial expression clearly showing what he thought of the idea.

"Fine."

It had been nearly a month and both men were living mostly happily together. Like most mornings Jay walked sleepily down the creaking stairs. He was greeted with scolding coffee, willing it down his throat as it burned a path to his stomach. Still in his pjs he slipped into a chair and continued to sip the liquid. A small plastic cup was slid across the table towards him, something he came to recognize.

"You know taken out of context a plastic cup is really just a harmless little thing!" Jay mumbled sarcastically. Taking the cup and heading up to the bathroom to prove to his boss that he was indeed clean.

"Hey Jay?" Jay turned to face him. "I'm really glad you're in my unit."

"Hey Hank, I'm really glad you're my boss." Jay smiled at his joke and was about to head up to stairs to once again prove his innocence.

"Stop!" Hank said from his position at the bottom of the stairs. "You don't need to pee in the stupid cup, I trust you, I know that you're clean." Hank said. A huge smile appeared across Jay's face, his blue, green eyes sparkled at the statement. "And if you want I don't see why you can't go home?" He said, asking if that's what Jay wanted.

"Thank you." Jay simply said.

"You don..."

"No I do need to thank you, I know that i hated the idea in the beginning but thanks, I don't know what I would do without you." Jay said taking a deep breath. "My dad was and still is an ass, thanks for being here, thanks for not being an ass."

"Any time kid."

"Yeah? Even though I drive you crazy?"

"No next time I'll just hold a pillow over your face till you pass out. That's just how crazy you drive me."

"Give it to Hank for always ruining the moment, I thought we had this whole sappy thing going on, thanks for ruining it!" Jay joked, the cup in his hand making it to the trash can. "Seriously Hank thank you."

"Seriously Jay you're welcome."

I know it's short but I think I should end It here. Let me know what you think and as always if you have a promt let me know and I'll write it for you. That's everything, have a wonderful day!😘😘😘