5%

Jack

"Hey buddy" Jack said sitting next to Zach.

Today, Jack had felt great. He didn't feel body aches, he didn't feel too sad like he usually did. He just felt... normal.

"Hey Jack" Zach said as his eyes lit up at the action Jack just did. "Why do you seem so blah?" Jack asked the young boy.

"I don't know.. anxiety?" Zach questioned his mental condition. "I'm sorry" Jack said rubbing his friends back.

"Why do you seem so happy" Zach asked Jack.

Jack sat there for a minute, thinking about all the things he could say to his friend.

"Daniel, I missed you." Jack heard a girl scream before he could answer.

Jack whipped his head around and saw her, saw the girl who made him feel this way about himself.

"I'm not" Jack said standing up, going into his bunk on the tour bus.

Jack felt himself shake, shake in an uncomfortable manner while tears piled on his face.

Just the sound of her voice made him feel as if he died. His old self died the second he left the restaurant that night.

"Jack, we can still be friends" Cora cooed into Jack's ear. "I can teach you ways to actually get in shape." She said causing Jack's head to perk up.

"How?" He said almost immediately. "How can I better myself for you?" He said.

"For me?" Cora asked.

"For you." Jack said.

"For one, meet your new best friend, Jack" Cora explained.

Jack gave her a confused look when he watched as she raised her pointer finger in the air.

He furrowed his eyebrows and then swiftly lifted up his pointer finger.

"It's the easiest way to lose weight the easiest, Jack" She said as she smiled sweetly at him.

"By being bulimic?" Jack said nervously.

"It's the easiest way, Trust me on this." She whispered.

"I - I can't. This was a bad idea. If you don't like me, I'll get over it." Jack said standing up from that table. That damned table.

"If it's not for me, then it's for your next relationship, Jack. No girl is going to want this fat coward that you are."

Jack felt taken aback from this.

He wished he stuck with his word that day from saying he wasn't going to start.

He would be lying if he said he didn't start, he did. He'd repeat the motion of making himself throw up.

He'd cover his acid cuts on his fingers by putting bandages around. He wanted so bad to just tell the boys that he was hurting himself.

But she, Cora, would be disappointed that he became a coward again.

"Where's jack" he heard a muffled voice ask. "In his bunk, I think?" Another answered.

Within seconds the curtain that covered Jack's spot was pulled. Daniel stood there, giving him a sympathetic look.

Does he know what his girlfriend taught me to become; jack thought to himself.

Would he even care; he thought once again.

"We're all going to go out to eat, want to join?" Daniel said smiling, hoping that the curly head boy would say yes.

Jack stared at Daniel, thinking in deep thought about his decision.

"He would love too, wouldn't you Jack?"
The words that rolled off of Cora's mouth caused him to sweat in fear.

"Of course" he said causing both him and Daniel surprised.

• I think this chapter sucked, I'm sorry.

• how are you guys liking this book so far?

• have a lovely day (: