12%

"I feel for you, but when did you believe you were alone"
- Friend, Please

Jack

"Jack, Jack" Ava said running up to her brother. She wrapped her arms around him, bringing him in closer.

"Good job, I especially loved seeing 'Trust Fund Baby' live" she said.

Jack shot her a smile and they let go of each other.

"Thanks Ava" he said and walked towards his smiley mom. He wrapped his skinny arms around her, shoving his face into the crook of her neck.

"I'm glad you got to come out and see our show" Jack said getting a little emotional.

"I always will, baby" she said stroking her sons back.

"Just to think, this almost didn't happen. Instead she'd be standing here, crying into the boys shoulders once she heard the news of my suicide" Jack thought in his head.

"What's wrong?" Kristen asked, holding him out in front of her. "No- uh nothing mom" he said letting go of her.

"Come on, were going to go home and eat" Daniel came rushing over to the two. Both Jack and Kristen said an "Okay" and followed Daniel out back to the trucks that were waiting.

"Jack, before we go in the truck, can we talk?" Daniel said pulling him away from his mom.

"Uh yeah" he said nodding to his mom to continue.

Daniel nervously rubbed his hands together, scared of the outcome of Jack.

"Wh- when were eating dinner, you need to eat, okay?" He said staring into Jack's eyes.

Jack sighed and grabbed onto his hair. "I don't star-"

"Yes,you do Jack. We've kept tabs on you for the past couple weeks. I, we, were worried about you. Seriously, we are" Daniel said softly.

"Daniel"

"You need to eat, not for me but for your mom and sisters."

"I do eat" jack said getting angry.

"Fine, but we're not done with this conversation." Daniel said dragging Jack into the truck. 

-

"Steak" Corbyn yelled as he took his seat down in the middle of Jack and Christina.

"I'm so hungry" Jack said emphasizing the 'so'.

"Good, you should be" Corbyn then replied.

Daniel set down a plate in front of Jack and jack watched in horror as he realized that Daniel piled lots of food onto the plate.

Jack started off by eating the green beans. He then moved onto the other healthy stuff, leaving the steak for last.

"So, why are you so picky, Jack" someone asked making Jack look up.

"Pardon?"

"I asked why you weren't eating the steak, yet" Kristen said.

Jack sighed in relief as he moved his hair out of his face. "I'm saving it for last, best for last" Jack said.

He felt his face heat up and he looked down, embarrassed.

Jack looked up once again, seeing all five boys give each other a 'look'.

"What?" Jack said towards all five boys.

"Jack" Zach began, folding his hands.

"What- how" Zach said getting frustrated with his words.

"Jack, baby. They've been suspecting that you're different. You're just not your.. normal self. What's going on?" Kristen said, reaching her hand from across the table, laying hers on top of her sons.

"Nothing, mom. Nothings going on"

"You don't have to lie to us, we're like family." Corbyn said, placing his arm around Jacks shoulder.

"How long have you felt alone?" Daniel shot out, looking at Jack.

Jack just sat there and looked down, rubbing the spot where his scars and cuts quietly rest, unknown and unnoticed.