30%

"I let you down
And I started run
Never meant to be your pain
Oh, what have I become."
- Tangled In The Great Escape

That day, after Corbyn and a sobbing Zach got back from visiting Jack, Kristen's mother raced down to the facility.

She angrily walked in, slamming her fists on the desk demanding that she see her eighteen year old son.

"Visiting hours are over, Mrs." The attendant said to her and she grabbed onto his collar.

"You don't understand. That's my son. I need to make sure he's okay, nurses in his floor have been treating him like shit. So I demand you now to let me see my son or you bring him down here with the nurse who's been hurting my poor baby"

"O- okay" the attendant nervously said, scared of what Jack's mother was capable of.

He had Kristen follow him into a conference room, making her a cup of coffee, and having a spot open for Jack.

Kristen jumped and quickly got up at the sound of the door opening. She smiled up at her son and worriedly checked his face.

She then softly picked up his arms, he winced in pain and snatched them away. "Mom-" He shakily said.

"You need to tell me now what they're doing to you. Poor zach hasn't stopped crying since they came back, what's happening jack." Kristen said hugging her son, crying into his shoulder.

"They just get angry. The inmates have anger issues. I'm okay, you on the other hand, mom. I'm hurting you, look you're literally crying over me." Jack said as he shook his mom off.

Kristen looked at her sickly looking son. Her face saddened as she began to squeeze her son once again. "I'm so sorry that this happened to you" she said as they sat down.

Jack went into detail about the abuse of the facility and talked about not getting better. He said how he wanted to get better but the way for to get better was not by a facility where the nurses didn't give a care about them.

Jack began to cry, hiding his face from his mom. "You should just leave me here mom" he suddenly said. It took his mom by surprise and she gave him a worried look.

"Why would I let you stay somewhere, where they're hurting and you don't like?" She asked.

"You're going to be disappointed in me once I get out. I can feel it" Jack said began to sob.

"Nonsense. We're taking you out tomorrow morning." Kristen said and rubbed her sons hand. "I love you, Jack. I hope you know that. I'd never be mad at you for anything that you chose to do with your life, I just hope you know that you need help." She said and got up, shaking the attendants hand.

-

"Welcome home, Jack" Everyone screamed when Jack step foot in his house. He chuckled and threw his bag on the ground.

He walked over to the boys and hugged them. He thanked them for the 'welcome home' party they planned and went around to talk to his friends.

"We missed you, a lot" Jonah said holding up a glass of Champaign that Kristen bought for this occasion.

Jack chuckled once again at his friends corkiness. He felt his cheeks heat up and quickly bit his lips, making his. Kissing go away.

He looked at zach and gripped onto him tightly. Jack took in his best friends scent and whispered "I missed you so much" into Zach's ear. This sudden move made Zach tear up. He missed his best friend, a lot.

Later on that night, after everyone went home, they played music, did a live stream and made sure they reassured their fans that Jack was okay.

As they were sitting down watching a movie, the boys decided to joke around with Jack. Zach, being zach, jumped onto Jack, landing onto his lap.

Jacks face quickly heated up as he pushed the younger boy off of him. "D-don't do that" he stuttered out and watched the boys laugh at him.

He felt embarrassed and disgusted with himself. He began to feel offended and decided to just go up to his room.

"Jack?" Zach said, cutting him short from his thoughts. Jack turned around and looked at the young boy, shaking his head.

"Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry if I hurt you." Zach said clearly not understanding what was happening.

"You wouldn't understand" jack mumbled and began to walked up the stairs.

"No, you don't get to do that, Jack." Corbyn yelled and stopped jack from going up the rest of the stairs.

"Do what, Corbyn?"

"You don't get to shut us out again. We lost you for months, you're finally back and getting better. Don't make our little joke ruin it for us." Corbyn pleaded with his eyes.

Jack shoved Corbyn out of the way, causing Corbyn to grip onto jack wrist, making the boy swing facing the others.

"Leave me alone" Jack cried out in pain from his previously bruised wrist.

"Tell is what we did" Jonah said.

"N-nothing. You guys won't understand."

"Then make us understand, Jack." Daniel spoke out, taking a step forward. "Because clearly you're trying to-" but before Daniel could finish.

Jack blurted out, "I'm gay"