Gage

The door to the police station opened. The Sheriff looked up from the file he was looking at with one of his deputies.

"Hale, it's been a while." Sheriff smiled at the dark haired man that had just stepped into his station.

"Uh, hey, Sheriff." Gage gave a small smile.

"What can I do for you?" Sheriff Stilinski asked giving Gage his full attention.

"Umm, I'm looking for Stiles." Gage responded. He hoped the sheriff knew who he was talking about. He couldn't remember the last name Cora had given him.

"Oh, he's probably at home, he usually cooks me dinner on Thursdays but I have to cover third so I won't be home til late. He said he would be studying but who knows what that really means." The Sheriff chuckled.

"Right, uh, thanks." Gage gave a nod as he turned and hurried out the door.

"No problem....Derek." Sheriff Stilinski shook his head. Derek had always been somewhat of a mystery to him.

Gage climbed into his car and pulled up Cora's number.

"Hey little sis." Gage smiled at the sound of her voice.

"Hey, Gage. You make it?" Cora asked.

"Yeah, hey, do you know where Stiles lives?" Gage asked as he backed out of the station parking lot.

"Yeah, third house on the left off Oleander." Cora recited.

"Wow, you knew that quick." Gage noted.

"Derek drug me there a few too many times." Cora explained in a bored tone.

"Okay, well, I'm gonna see if he's home."

"Okay, oh and remember he's a little overwhelming but he'll be the one in charge of the pack." Cora reminded her older brother.

"Isn't he the human though?" Gage frowned.

"Yeah, but trust me, he's smarter than he looks." Cora chuckled.
"Don't tell him I said that."

Gage laughed in agreement. Once Gage had hung up he turned into Stiles' driveway.

"Okay, you can do this, just be honest." Gage gave himself a quick pep talk as he walked up the few stone steps.

He took a deep breath and knocked.

-

Stiles was reading through a book Deaton had given him labelled 'Unethical Beings'. Stiles had merely mentioned how annoying it was to come across a new supernatural creature, and know nothing about it. So far the druid was right, this would help more than any internet website.

Stiles had just started on the chapter of sirens when he heard a knock at the front door.

"Who knocks anymore?" Stiles asked as he pulled himself off his bed. Any members of the pack would just walk in, unless he'd locked the door.

Stiles reached the door, nope not locked. He paused, and pulled his bat from the coat closet, before opening the door.

When he laid eyes on the person standing on his doorstep he felt his jaw drop. He didn't know what all emotions he was feeling, but the most prominent was definitely anger

Gripping the bat tightly Stiles slammed the door being sure to lock it. Derek wouldn't be stupid enough to break the lock.

He made his way back up the stairs. He threw his bat down on the bed harshly. Stiles began to process all his emotions, shock, relief, confusion and finally anger. Was Derek Hale really standing on his front step? Thank goodness he was okay. What was he doing back? How dare he show back up like nothing happened.