My fault

Derek frowned as a door opened in the darkness that surrounded him.

"Derek," Stiles' voice spoke in relief.

"Stiles," Derek's voice was raw and quiet.

"I'm here, I've got you," Stiles took Derek's face in his hands.

"You're not real," Derek said looking at the whiskey eyes he loved so much.

"Yes, I am, I'm here," Stiles frowned letting go of Derek's face as Gage and Damon finished unchaining him.

"Stiles," Lydia handed him a sheet of paper she had unpinned from Derek's shirt. "It's to you."

Stiles frowned snatching the letter and reading over it quickly.

Dearest Stiles,
                       The effects will wear off, eventually. Enjoy your newly broken alpha, you may now train him to your liking.

                           Sincerely, Ryan

"Ryan?" Stiles frowned at the bright red kiss print planted carefully next to the name.

"What's that on the back?" Liam asked.

Stiles flipped the page to see writing in a language he didn't know.

"It's a spell," Lydia said reading the words effortlessly, "It looks like a linking spell,"

"It is, it's one of the spells that can be used to link an emissary to an alpha." Bonnie nodded reading the page.

"Ryan is the witch who created the spell Derek was going to use on you. Her name is Olivia Ryan, but she died years ago. It had to be her daughter, Ava." Bonnie said thoughtfully, recalling one of the history classes she taught last year.

"Why did she do this?" Stiles helped Derek to his feet. He looked weak and disoriented.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Derek whispered, "I didn't mean to hurt you

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Derek whispered, "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Shhh, it's okay, you're okay," Stiles held Derek tightly as he and Gage lead him out of the container.

"You're dad is on his way and so is an ambulance," Scott said as they set him in the front seat of Gage's car Scott had gone to get.

"Stiles, I'm sorry," Derek mumbled again.

"You're okay now," Stiles wiped a strand of hair from Derek's sweat ridden forehead.

"I'll never be okay, I lost you," Derek spoke, his tone exhausted.

"You didn't lose me, I'm right here," Stiles squeezed Derek's hand as if it would prove his point.

"No, you're not, you're dead, and it's my fault," Derek's voice was broken, but he couldn't cry. He didn't have any more tears to cry.