The one you desire most

The old mill factory was cold looking on the outside but the inside was warm and inviting. It had been a week since Gage had bought the place. He and the pack worked diligently throughout the week to piece it all together and move everything in.

"Hale, you ready?" Stiles asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah," Gage nodded setting down his glass of water. His tone was calm but he felt anxious. This was going to be his first run in with a supernatural threat since he arrived.

A succubus was luring men in and draining them of their energy landing them in the hospital.

Stiles had insisted on going with Gage and while Gage didn't want Stiles to get hurt, he agreed to let him go.

-

"Remember she's a succubus, she's going to try and mesmerize you, don't kiss her, " Stiles spoke as Gage parked his charger at the edge of the woods.

Gage only nodded. He was doing his best to keep himself calm.

Stiles felt a heaviness on his shoulders he couldn't shake off. It made him uneasy, which was odd cause he felt fine otherwise. A succubus was barely a threat in comparison to the other things they had dealt with.

The human glanced at Gage to see his shoulders rigid, and his jaw clenched, "Hey, we got this," Stiles spoke reassuringly. He cautiously slipped his hand into Gage's. The alpha didn't look away from the thick of the trees but he immediately squeezed Stiles' hand tightly.

Stiles, surprised by the gesture, frowned at the alpha. He wasn't sure why he'd reached for Gage's hand, perhaps in hope's of calming him? It had kind of just happened but he never expected Gage to react the way he had.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked quietly.

Gage sighed, "I just don't want to let you or the pack down. If anything happens to you while we're out here, the pack would never forgive me, and I'd never forgive myself."

Stiles gaped at the werewolf next to him.

"This is the first time I've had to actually be an alpha here. If I mess this up, I'm no better than Derek in the pack's eyes," Gage admitted. He hadn't planned on telling Stiles that but he felt drawn to confide in him. It was a strange feeling that he hadn't felt before.

Stiles stopped walking, "You're really worried about disappointing the pack?"

Gage looked at Stiles for the first time since they had started walking, "Of course, I know they don't see me as their alpha, but I see them as my pack."

Stiles nodded understandingly.

Suddenly a scent caught Gage's attention.

"I smell someone." Gage released Stiles' hand before continuing to walk again. He sniffed the air but couldn't get a sense of direction.

"I can't tell-" Gage stopped mid sentence as he turned to see Stiles locked in a kiss with a tall dark haired woman.

Gage snarled before instantly lunging at the succubus.

The woman released Stiles grabbing Gage by his throat before he could reach her. She slung him into a nearby tree. He felt at least three ribs snap.

"Werewolf," The woman sneered at Gage.

"Succubus," Gage spat back as he pulled himself to his feet.

"You're the one..." The succubus cocked her head slightly at Gage before looking at Stiles who looked confused and a bit dazed.

"The one what?" Gage snapped. What was she talking about?

"He loves you," The woman grinned devilishly.