Real

"It's not real, it's not real, it's not real," Derek repeated to himself.

"What's not real?" Stiles asked from behind Derek. The alpha turned around to see Stiles smiling behind him.

"You're not," Derek answered quietly

"I'm pretty sure, I'm real," Stiles patted Derek on the shoulder before stepping past him.

Derek touched his arm where Stiles' hand had just been. That felt real.

"Stiles," Derek said suddenly causing Stiles to turn around.

"Yeah?"

Derek grabbed Stiles' hand and pulled him in close.

"Whoa, okay, I thought we were passed all the uncomfortably close proximity threats," Stiles chuckled nervously.

"You're nervous," Derek frowned at the scent. Stiles stopped smelling like fear around him ages ago.

"And you're acting strange," Stiles pulled away from Derek, stepping back,

-

Derek smelled him before he saw him. The familiar whiskey eyed guy walked towards him.

"Derek, what are you doing here?" Stiles snapped pulling Derek off the lacrosse field and behind the bleachers.

"Are you trying to get arrested?"

"Aressted?" Derek frowned.

"Look, until we have proof that you didn't kill anybody, which I still think you did by the way-"

"I would never hurt anyone," Derek interrupted.

Stiles scoffed, "then what's this?" Stiles turned to show a long scar reaching from his temple to the edge of his lips.

"I did that?" Derek gasped.

"Yeah you got mad and lashed out, dude go home, I don't know if it's the full moon but you're out of your head right now and it's starting to freak me out."

-
"Derek," Stiles' scream caused Derek to look up. He was in trouble.

"Stiles?" Derek bolted in the direction of the scream.

He opened the door to the abandoned building to see Stiles bleeding out.

"Derek," Stiles' hands shook as he kept them covered over the claw marks.

"Why did you do it?" Stiles cried.

"I- I didn't, I would never," Derek shook his head.

"Yes, you did."

-

Derek looked around the dark room, his wolf eyes adjusted quickly. Was he alone?

"If I could have just said the right thing, he would have come back," Stiles' voice spoke.

"Stiles," Derek called out.

"Maybe he's embarrassed by the fact that I'm his true emissary,"

"Stiles, that's not true," Derek called into the darkness.

-

Derek woke up in his bed in the loft, he sat up wiping the tired from his eyes. He smelled the strong scent of blood, he opened his eyes to see his hands covered.

Derek jumped up almost tripping over a body, a bloody, torn open body. A dead body. Stiles' dead body,"

A cry ripped from Derek's throat as he dropped to his knees by Stiles' side. Had he done this?