That's enough

It had been over a month since the pack had officially voted Gage in as the alpha. He had been surprised by their agreeance. Even Malia, though she'd been hesitant, had agreed. Their only condition was Stiles be second in command.

"There is a condition," Malia spoke looking at Gage, "Stiles is second in command."

Gage chuckled, earning a glare from Malia.

"Stiles isn't second in command, he's my adviser, we're equal," Gage looked at Stiles fondly who wore a surprised expression.

"Don't look so surprised Stiles, I couldn't do this without you. You're more qualified to be alpha than I am, I simply have the biology to be, but you are the true alpha," Gage smiled at the human.

There had only been a few supernatural occurrences since Gage's arrival, all of which he handled easily.

The pack all sat quietly waiting for Stiles. He was never late to a pack meeting so it was odd for him to be late now.

"Should we call him?" Lydia asked worriedly glancing at her watch.

"He'll be here," Scott shook his head.

"Stiles is never late, ever," Isaac commented glancing at Gage.

Just then the door to the vet's office burst open.

"Sorry guys, I was talking to my dad, there was a group of kids who went missing this morning and he wanted my opinion on if it could be supernatural related, we got caught up on some evidence that points to what seems like a werewolf. I promised him I'd catch you all up and we'd investigate," Stiles spoke quickly.

"A group of kids? How many? What age? Did they find them?" Gage asked concerned.

"Three, all freshmen, they found one, he was too shaken up to talk to the cops. I told my dad I would come by later and try to talk to him," Stiles answered.

"What evidence was there?" Gage pressed for more information.

"The kid's jacket was ripped by what looked to be claw marks. The kid was hurt but not too badly. The only thing they could get out of him was that the phrase, 'They were glowing'. I assume he was talking about the eyes. What else could it have been, ya know?"

The pack looked to Gage for a reaction.

"If the kid was hurt, then that means the werewolf wasn't being gentle, those other two kids could be in serious danger," Gage was frowning.

"Well, you're the alpha, what do we do?" Liam asked looking at the twin.

"Stiles?" Gage looked to the human. Stiles always had a plan and he was sure now wouldn't be any different.

"Why couldn't you have been the one to come looking for Laura? Why did we have to get Derek as our alpha, you would have been so much better," Malia huffed crossing her arms. Gage had grown on Malia, she was much more respectful of him, however her attitude towards Derek had only gotten worse.

Stiles clenched his jaw. Something in him really hated when the pack talked badly about Derek. He didn't know why, but it had gotten worse over the past couple of months. It made him irrationally angry.

"It doesn't matter, he's here now, and he's our alpha," Allison shook her head.

"So what do we do about this werewolf?" Isaac asked looking between Gage and Stiles.

"I say we pay Peter a visit first, see if he knows anything," Stiles answered when Gage looked to Stiles silently.

"You mean go make sure Peter isn't the werewolf the kid ran into," Scott smirked at his best friend.

Stiles smiled back, Scott knew him so well.

-

"Peter, open up," Stiles knocked on Derek's old loft door. Peter had officially taken up residency there.

The door opened revealing a man taller than Stiles. His blue eyes shined as he smiled at the human.

"Stiles, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Peter grinned widely.

"We need to talk," Stiles answered.

"By all means," Peter stepped aside, allowing Stiles and Gage through.

"Nice to see you again, Gage," Peter nodded to his nephew.

Gage remained silent. He had seen Peter once since he'd arrived and it had been an awkward conversation. Peter attempted to apologize and Gage refused to listen to what Peter had to say. The two had managed to avoid each other since.

"Three kids went missing this morning, one was found but the other two are still MIA, you wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you?" Stiles asked trying to remain calm. It was hard being in Derek's loft again.

"Aww, and here I thought you just missed me, but you're only here to accuse me of kidnapping," Peter sighed sitting on the small couch.

"Just answer the question," Gage snapped.

"Dear nephew, you seem to still be holding on to that animosity. Derek was much more forgiving, perhaps it's because he understands making mistakes," Peter spoke thoughtfully.

Stiles tensed, causing Gage to let out a low growl.

"He made quite a few of them. After all, he's the reason the rest of our family was killed," Peter continued.

"That's enough," Stiles snapped. He didn't want to hear anymore.

"You're awfully defensive of someone who ditched you. Malia said he didn't even leave a note. I'm sure that stung," Peter looked at Stiles with a look of sympathy.

"I said that's enough. We didn't come here for you to paint Derek in a bad light to make yourself feel better for your own wrong doings. We came here to find out if you knew anything about the werewolf that took the three kids this morning," Stiles growled, his voice low.

"I do have an idea, actually," Peter cocked his head as he eyed Stiles.

Stiles shifted uncomfortably under the ex alpha's stare.

"You should have been the one I bit, you would make an excellent werewolf," Peter smiled.

Gage narrowed his eyes at his uncle. Was he flirting with Stiles?

"Just tell me what you know," Stiles huffed. He hated when Peter did this.

"I know that there is a new alpha in town. I caught his scent when I was out in the reserve yesterday. I just assumed he was passing through. That could be your kidnapper," Peter answered his eyes never leaving Stiles'.

"You didn't think it necessary to warn me?" Gage growled.

"You're not my alpha," Peter looked at Gage briefly before turning his gaze back to Stiles, "I knew if it was important, you'd stop by. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see you in person, it happens so rarely."

Stiles shifted again.

"Stop flirting with Stiles, he dated your daughter," Gage sneered.

"Keyword 'dated'." Peter winked at Stiles.

"We're done here," Gage grabbed Stiles' hand and pulled him towards the door.

"Be careful Stiles, Gage was cut from the same cloth as Derek," Peter commented, "Notice I never left. Perhaps I wasn't the bad guy after all."

Stiles pulled from Gage's grasp, turning to face Peter.

"You killed Laura, for her alpha status. You bit scott. You haunted Lydia so she would resurrect you. There is no part of you that is the good guy. Gage is nothing like Derek," Stiles barked taking a few steps towards Peter.

"Why are you so defensive of Derek? He left you. It's been months," Peter frowned curiously at Stiles.

"I don't have to explain myself to you," Stiles snapped before turning away from Peter.

Gage lead Stiles out gently, tossing a glare over his shoulder.

*AN*

Another filler chapter for you with a little steter thrown in there. Next chapter will be dramatic I promise.