Gonna take some getting used to

Stiles sat with his arms crossed looking at Gage. Derek's twin brother. The fact that Derek had a twin brother was baffling. The fact that Derek neglected to mention him, however, was not.

"So umm, I'm not sure what all you know so, I'll start at the beginning. My mother Talia was the alpha of the Hale pack. We all lived in this house out near the reserve, anyway, when Derek and I were fifteen, the Argents burnt our house down while we were at school. We came home to find half the house gone and everyone..." Gage paused.

"Laura, Derek, and myself were the only survivers. Laura was next in line to be Alpha as she was the oldest. When our mother died she officially became the alpha. She moved us to New York. It was safe and we could...heal." Gage struggled to find the right word.

Someone sent Laura a picture of a dead deer with the signature spiral indicating revenge. Laura came back here to investigate who had sent the picture. Our uncle Peter had apparently sent it to lure her here so that he could kill her and take her alpha status. When we didn't hear from Laura, Derek came back and killed Peter, becoming alpha. Of course Peter somehow haunted some chick causing her to resurrect him."

Stiles scoffed. "That 'chick' is part of the pack, and her name is Lydia."

"Oh, Lydia, I recall her being mentioned. Redhead who's a walking encyclopedia?" Gage asked as he recalled the names Derek had talked about and the names Cora had given him.

"Yeah." Stiles answered. "Anyway."

"Anyway, Derek suggested I come back, but I wasn't ready. Plus I had come across a pack who's alpha was a dick. We got into a fight and I ended up becoming their alpha. I decided to stay and lead my knewly acquired pack. I had been toying with the idea of coming home but I needed to stay with my pack. I couldn't abandon them."

Stiles scoffed again, but mostly to himself. 

"Well an alpha showed up claiming hunters had found him and his pack. All that was left was him and one of his beta's. He wanted to lay low for a while. We took them in. After a couple months I had him take over as alpha. I tried getting a hold of Derek but couldn't. Cora told me he left Beacon Hills to take care of some loose ends, whatever that meant. Cora told me he left his pack without an alpha. I decided now might be a good time to come back, and if you allowed and the pack accepted me, I could be your alpha."

Stiles looked surprised and confused at the same time.

"If I allowed?" Stiles asked. Surely he heard that wrong.

"Cora said you would be the leader of the pack." Gage nodded.

Stiles snorted. "Cora said that?"

"Yeah, she said you were the brains of the operation." Gage nodded again.

"Also, while we're talking about Cora, thank you for helping save her from Deucalion and his pack. I was shocked to hear she was alive." Gage gave Stiles a small smile.

Stiles blinked a few times. "Are you sure you're related to Derek? He is nowhere near as nice as you. Cora either for that matter."

Gage laughed softly. "Cora had to grow up alone. She didn't know we had survived the fire. She was only eleven. She ended up in South America somehow. And Derek...well he holds a lot of grief from the fire."

"And you and Laura?" Stiles asked. He hadn't heard the story as a whole like this. He'd only gathered pieces here and there and put some things together. Derek never talked about any of this stuff, ever.

"Laura was so much like our mom. She was a great alpha and the best sister. She was sweet and fun. She never let her grief change her. I did my best to follow her example. Derek...he was too bitter." Gage sighed sadly.

Stiles bit at his bottom lip as he processed everything Gage had told him.

"Okay. Everything you told me lines up with what I already knew, and you filled in a couple blanks." Stiles nodded thoughtfully.

"Sooo, what does that mean?" Gage asked raising a curious eyebrow at Stiles.

"It means, tomorrow you meet the pack. I'll call an emergency pack meeting and we'll go from there." Stiles said as he turned back to his computer and closed out of the tabs he had pulled up before closing it.

"Great." Gage smiled.

"That's gonna take some getting used to." Stiles huffed in amusement.

"What is?" Gage asked.

"Seeing a smile on what is basically Derek's face."

Gage chuckled. "Yeah, he can be a bit broody."

The werewolf stood to leave, when Stiles stopped him.

"Wait, where uh, are you staying?" Stiles asked.

"Please tell me you aren't gonna go stay in your old house like Derek did."

"I thought Derek got a loft?" Gage frowned.

"Yeah cause he got tired of hunters and random ass teenagers waltzing in, since, you know, there isn't really a way to keep them out, what with half of it missing." Stiles rolled his eyes.

"He likes to punish himself for what happened." Gage sighed giving Stiles a sad smile.

"Why? It's not like he knew Kate was a hunter or that she was using him to get to his family. She was an attractive older woman and he was a hormonal teenager. If anything what she did with him was completely illegal. Like what sick person seduces a fifteen year old kid so they can get what they want?" Stiles sneered in disgust at the thought.

Gage rose his brows at the human.

"He told you about him and Kate?"

Stiles scoffed. "Yeah right. I figured that out on my own. He didn't even mention you, much less his crazy ex girlfriend who murdered his whole family."

Gage rose his brows again.

"Wow, that was super insensitive of me, I'm sorry, dude." Stiles rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fine." Gage shook his head grinning at Stiles.

"Anyway, to answer your question, I was gonna track down a hotel nearby. Figured I would hunt for somewhere to live over the next few days."

"Ugh, the closest one is Beacon motel, and it's a dump not to mention overpriced. Why don't you take the spare room until you find someplace. I know my dad won't mind." Stiles offered.

"Are you sure he won't mind?" Gage frowned.

"Positive." Stiles nodded.

"And you don't mind?" Gage asked raising a curious brow.

"Not at all. You've been straight forward and honest with me. Plus you haven't threatened my life, told me to shut up, or pushed me up against the nearest wall." Stiles smiled earning a small laugh from Gage.

"I like you, Stiles."

"Yeah, if you weren't an exact replica of Derek, I would demand a DNA test. There is no way you two are related." Stiles shook his head as he lead Gage to the spare room.

It was simple but accommodating, and perfect for any guy. Stiles' dad had allowed him and Scott to pick out the bedding and other small decorations. Basically the bedding was all green with a few baseball pictures on the wall, and a t.v. across from the bed.

"Make yourself at home." Stiles gave a nod to the alpha with a small smile.

Gage gave Stiles a large appreciative grin.

Stiles shook his head.
"Definitely gonna take some getting used to."

*AN*
Alright here we go. Got another chapter up, hopefully you guys like it. Feel free to let me know. 😊