Chapter 3

*Fast forward to freshman year of high school*

It was a Monday and it was after and it was the first day of tryouts. To say that I was nervous was an understatement I was worried I wasn't going to make the team but, with all the help from my mom I knew that I was going to make the team.

"Grayson what if I don't make it."

"Jackie relax you'll make it you have worked hard for this don't give up on yourself. I believe in you so do your parents and Nicole."

"Grayson why are you always right?"

"I'm always right because I know you better than most people you are my best friend."

There are two words that made me sad. I always wanted more with Grayson but he had a girlfriend. His girlfriend's name was Bailey Bunnell and I did not like it. She was dating my best friend and I saw him first he was mine. I didn't think he deserved her she wasn't right for him.

It was first period and I had English with Grayson and Bailey. She hated that he always talked to me and she was always controlling and it annoyed me. 

"Grayson why do you even talk to her?"

"Bailey she is my best friend I'm not going to ignore her."

"I think you should stop talking to her."

At this point I had had enough I couldn't take it any more and her voice was annoying. She had this high pitched voice that made the glass in a mirror crack.

"Bailey just shut up I can't take the sound of your voice."

"You know what Jackie now I can see why no one wants to date you. You're not pretty and you're weird like everybody says. I don't see how Nicole and Grayson could be friends with you."

I ran out of the room crying my eyes out. I ran to the one place that I knew I could run to. I grab a basketball and stand at the free throw line and I start to shoot. After my first shot I ran to grab the ball and walked back to the line and all of a sudden I see Grayson.

"How did you know I would be here?"

"You always go to court when you're mad."

"I thought Bailey told you not to talk to me. Did you hear the things she said to me?"

"Jackie I'm not going to stop talking to you. I don't care what she says you are the most kind and caring girl I have ever met. A boy would have to be stupid to let you go. You're pretty and smart and funny. You're the best volleyball player I have ever seen and you're the top in our class don't listen to her."

"Grayson you don't deserve her and she is not good enough for you. You deserve be with a girl who wants to date you for who you are and not just because you're the star of the basketball team. You deserve better than her."

"What if I told you there is a girl who does deserve you."

"Really"

"Yes there is she is your best friend and knows you better than anybody and has seen you through everything. This is a girl who doesn't give a crap about what everybody says about you and she almost beat up a couple of kids on the playground for making fun of you."

"Maybe you're right"

"There is no maybe Grayson you know I'm right."

A/N: yet another quote from a pin on Pinterest (sorry I just love the site)

"Fall in love with someone who wants you, who waits for you. Who understands you even in your madness; someone who helps you, and guides you, someone who is your support, your hope. Fall in love with someone who misses you and wants to be with you. Do not fall in love with a body or face; or with the idea of being in love.

A/N: Surprise yes I did bring Bailey into this story and no I'm not apologizing for it. We all know their history and she may or may not reappear later in this. Two chapters in one day there will be one tomorrow. I'm not okay with Marvin being out tomorrow he is an important piece for this team and how we do in the tournament. Do you guys think he's done or is it something else?