Chapter 24

Today the guys find out what region they will be playing in and what seed they will be along with who they will have to play their first game. I love tournament time because of the history of the tournament and the matchups that can make or break brackets. I've always watched the bracket reveal ever since I was a little girl and this year was no exception. The tournament also allowed those who hadn't played all year to make a name for themselves and Grayson was one of those select few.

After last night with the whole Luke drama I decided to sleep in this morning I needed to. While laying in bed I heard the door open and then I heard jumping on the bed. Leah and Tristian thought they could be funny and wake me up early good thing I love these two monkeys. 

Leah: "Mommy"

Me: "Yes princess"

Leah: "Can you make breakfast?"

Me: "Where's your daddy and Uncle Luke?"

Leah: "They went to go set up for tonight"

Me: "Pancakes or waffles?"

Leah: "Pancakes please"

Me: "You got it"

I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen and started to make breakfast for the kids. I decided to let Nicole sleep in a little she's been tired dealing with Luke as of late and they were still here from the previous night. Grayson and I decided to watch Tristian more to give them a break. I heard the front door and spare door open at the same time.

Grayson: "Baby we're back"

Me: "We're in the kitchen"

Luke: "Is that pancakes i smell?"

Nicole: "Yes at least she isn't burning them"

Grayson: "That was one time"

Me: "The house almost burned down"

"Tristian: "Mama"

Nicole: "Yes baby"

Luke: "Wait what?"

Grayson: "Sucks to be you"

Me: "What you thought he'd ask for you?"

Luke: "Well yes"

Nicole: "Sorry baby our son likes me better"

Luke: "Whatever I'm use to it"

After Luke, Nicole, and Tristian leave I decide to go take a shower. I had an English paper to write and an article for Journalism on the tournament. I also was helping Nicole for Kate pick out things for the nursery she was adding. Kate found out that she was pregnant with a baby girl.

After getting out of the shower my mom called me. I've vented to her during the season on a number of things. My dad will try to explain why coach does some of the things that he does which makes me look at him look at him like he's crazy. My dad did learn from the best so I can't say he's wrong.

Mom: "Hey baby girl"

Me: "Hi mom"

Mom: "How are things?"

Me: "Good"

Mom: "How's Leah?"

Me: "She's good"

Mom: "Ready for the madness"

Me: "Yes"

After talking to my mom I got ready to go watch the unveiling of the bracket with the team. I put on a pair of jeans and a long sleeve black shirt. I decide to put Leah in a pair of jeans and a long sleeve blue shirt. Grayson had started my car before leaving to help set up the place the team was watching the selection show in.

The got picked as a No.1 seed and got to play the first two games in Charlotte close to home. I at least could see the games in person since it was spring break and I didn't care if I missed class and my professors knew I wasn't going to miss the action. The boys had to play Robert Morris the first game. The tournament is full of big moments and in those moments come some break or break plays.

Quinn in the game had 22 points to start off the game. Jah added 21points in the game as well. The team led in double figures the rest of the way. Jah tried to go up for a dunk and blew it coach took him out and brought in Marshall. The boys had to wait on the winner of St. John's-San Diego State.

The boys had to play San Diego State the second game. Jah scored 18 points in the first half and had 26 points. The boys had to face Utah in the Sweet 16. Justise had 12 points and 13 rebounds. Quinn had 15 points in the game. Grayson scored 5 points in the last game he only had one point.

The boys had to play Gonzaga in the Elite Eight game. Justise had 16 points for him it was a home game since he is from Houston but in the game he rolled his ankle. Tyus in the game had 15 points and Jah had 9 points. Now it was on to play Michigan State in the final four game.

After having to watch all of those games in person I was exhausted. Good thing I could lay in our bed in the bedroom and sleep in without having to wake up to an alarm clock. Grayson woke up early and made breakfast. Leah was in the living room watching a cartoon show.

Me: "Morning"

Grayson: "Morning you sleep okay?"

Me: "I sleep better in the house than I do a hotel room"

Grayson: "Only two more games"

Me: "Thank goodness for that"

Grayson: "Pancakes should be done soon"

Me: "She asked for them I take it"

Grayson: "She did you can tell her they're ready"

I walked into the living room and grabbed Leah so that she could have some breakfast. Nicole was coming over later with Tristian she wanted to talk about what to do after the season. I was thinking of going to the beach after the season.

A/N: I am so sorry for this being short and being late. I have been busy with school and work along with trying to get things ready for graduation. I promise I won't ghost again. The last two games will be in another chapter. Until next time my lovely faithful readers.