Chapter 6

Today was the day of the SAT's and I had studied like a mad woman. The season had been going well we were undefeated and tonight was the state finals. I just wanted to get this test over so that I could get ready for tonight.

I was taking the SAT's at Duke with Grayson along with Nicole. Oh crap I forgot to go to Starbucks this morning. Good thing Grayson came in clutch. He puts a grande vanilla latte on the desk in front of me.

"Let me guess you forgot."

"Yes I did"

"I brought you one in case you did."

"Thank you"

"You nervous for tonight?"

"Yes"

"Babe you'll do fine I know you will. I love you."

"I love you too."

Yes Grayson and I are now dating after all this time and let's just say I couldn't be any happier. I got what I always wanted but there is more to come. Everything worked out perfectly.

The SAT's flew by like it was nothing now it's time for the moment I've waited for my entire life. Tonight I have the chance to win a state championship and then start my college career living out my parents' legacy.

My game day go to is a playlist that I play on my phone which has yes I will admit is Everytime We Touch by Cascada among many other things on my phone. The song gets played at Duke home basketball games it has been a tradition. 

Duke was playing a basketball game earlier in the day. My dad had tickets to the game one of the many perks of being an alumni. Those boys are like brothers to me since I'm an only child. Nolan Smith and Jon Scheyer were my two favorite players they would go on to win the title in a hard fought game. Coach K was like a father to me and I could always go to him to talk.

Duke won the game of course as always. After the game I had to to the school for the walk through before the finals which was a breeze. While on the bus I listened to the playlist like always and I was listening to Make You Feel My Love by Adele it was my favorite and it's Grayson and I's song I think I may have picked that one.

I hear my phone ding with a text message from Grayson of course I reply back. It happens during away games even home games for that matter the handshake isn't the only thing we do before games.

"Hey baby girl good luck tonight. I'll be in the stands in the front row."

"Thanks baby I'll look for you."

We get to Duke for the match and then go into the locker room to get ready. I put on my uniform and shorts and then put my hair up in a french braid and then head out for warmups which goes well. Too bad high school rules say you can't wear jewelry I was hoping to wear the necklace.

The two teams went back and forth in all five matches. We won the first two matches and they won the next two. In the final match we went back and forth and we won on a perfect serve over the net by me to drop right in front of a girl from the other team. I started to jump up and down I couldn't believe it but I knew we would pull it out.

Tonight was my night and I was on top of the world. Now time for prom, graduation, and then my college decision. I cried at the end because it was my last high school Volleyball game and I didn't want it to end.

A/N: I'm going to spoil you guys a little more and give you another chapter. We've got Louisville on Wednesday which by the way is my birthday.