Chapter 43

It had been the week of the UNC game which is senior night it's crazy because it seems like just yesterday we were signing our letters of intent and having late night conversations about the things we wanted to do. Lately I had been feeling some pain in my stomach and I think I know what it is so I walked into the bathroom and opened up the bottom drawer and pulled out the pregnancy test I had been keeping in there and took it out of the box and start to the test. After I was I done I put the test on the counter and start the timer after the timer goes off I picked up the test and it indeed said the word pregnant. I walk into the bedroom and put it in a box and save it for senior night make it a surprise.

I walk out of the bedroom and into the kitchen and get a glass water. I walk into the living room and grab my phone and call Nicole and tell her the news but told her not to tell anyone after talking to her I call my mom and tell her the same thing I told Nicole. I go grab my computer and work on my sports psychology paper that's due this week. Gray comes up behind me and kisses the top of my head.

Grayson: "Good morning you beautiful woman"

Me: "Good morning to you too. You ready for this weekend?"

Grayson: "It's just I don't want this to end"

Me: "Remember how we use to stay up late talking about all of this"

Grayson: "Yes and I use to open up your window late at night"

Me: "I'm pretty sure I was asleep a couple of those times and could hear you talk nonstop to point where you woke me up and I couldn't sleep because you wouldn't shut up"

Grayson: "And I apologize for that"

Me: "I'm going to go run"

Grayson: "Okay"

I got in my car and went to Cameron to go run and help with early planning for senior night. I got out of my car and went inside to go get on a treadmill and run three miles. I turn on my music and go through my photos some I laugh at mostly the ones from summer camp. After I got done I drove to the elementary school and walked to the tree over by the swings and I laugh at the carving on the tree too many countless hours spent sitting underneath it and where my first kiss happened I remember laughing afterwards. I went over to the swings and sat down and started to swing.

Grayson: "I knew I'd find you here"

Me: "Oh really"

Grayson: "I remember the first time I saw sitting there"

Me: "I remember that because it was the first time I saw you on the basketball court"

Grayson: "And yet I never stopped loving you even then"

Me: "We really should head home"

Grayson: "Okay"

I ran to my car as fast as I could I wanted to get home first so I was going to make it happen. I got out of the parking lot as fast as I could I wasn't going to speed or run red lights. I pulled in before Gray and ran inside and grabbed a glass of water.

Grayson: "You cheated"

Me: "I did not"

Grayson: "Yes you did"

Me: "Whatever"

I walk into the bedroom and head into the bathroom so that I can take a shower. I get out and put on a pair of shorts and a long sleeve shirt and walk into the kitchen. I walk in to see Gray making dinner without burning something.

Me: "Where are the kids?"

Grayson: "My parents came in early and have them but they are coming back later"