Chapter 26

This weekend was Luke's birthday and Nicole wanted to do something special. Nicole thought that going to Paris would be a good idea for the weekend and to be alone. Grayson and I decide to take Tristian for the weekend so the two of them could be alone. I was thinking of a vacation as well. My parents have a beach house there so why not do that. I started to pack a few things and do a load of laundry. While folding clothes I feel Grayson's arms wrap around me. I begin to turn around and smile at him.

Grayson:"Tell me what are you thinking?"

Me: "How about you and I take Leah and Tristian to my parents' beach house for the weekend"

Grayson: "That sounds good but Luke and Nicole will be there"

Me: "It is Luke's birthday weekend. We can do dinner with them but let them be alone which is why I told Nicole we would take Tristian"

Grayson: "They would like the beach and the pool your parents have"

Me: "And it would allow us to be alone when the kids are asleep. There is the hot tub and the master bedroom"

Grayson: "Are you saying we should have sex"

Me: "Maybe but I do want to want to wait to have another one or to only have just one"

Grayson: "You're right let's just enjoy some needed family time"

I start to book plane flights and ask my mom if we could use the house and the car. I would ask for the plane but I don't want the NCAA to rule us all ineligible for the season. I start to help Nicole plan for Luke's birthday.

Nicole: "What should we do in Paris?"

Me: "Go see the Eiffel Tower or go to a cafe and then maybe go to the art museum"

Nicole: "Sounds romantic"

Me: "We could make dinner and bake a cake. My aunt makes this amazing chocolate cake with caramel icing both of which are from scratch"

Nicole: "It will be fun to enjoy some much needed time alone"

Me: "Yes it will"

After helping Nicole plan for the weekend I call Kate to see how she was doing. She finally had the baby and named her Sydnee she is the cutest thing. She looks like Kate and Amile. Our kids are getting some good genes.

Me: "Hey how is my favorite niece?"

Kate: "She is your only niece. She's good she's smiling and laughing she sometimes can't sleep at night"

Me: "Play her a lullaby or tell her a story it works with Leah"

Kate: "I'll have to try that. What are you doing for the weekend?"

Me: "Grayson and I are taking Leah and Tristian to Paris. Luke's birthday is this weekend so they will be there as well"

Kate: "Plenty of chances of sex"

Me: "Oh I have no doubts about that with those two"

After getting off the phone I decide to head to bed. It was getting late and I was getting tired. On my way to the bedroom I hear Grayson reading a story to Leah before putting her to sleep. I had to fight the urge not to laugh on what he was reading to her.

Me: "What are we reading tonight?"

Grayson: "My mom found the writing assignment from the fourth grade"

Me: "Wow quite the page turner"

Leah: "Night mommy"

Me: "Night baby girl sleep tight"