Chapter 8

Today is the day of my college announcement along with the soccer team playing in the finals and I was leaving for Paris in the morning for the summer before the start of school. Last night was one of the few nights that I have gotten a decent amount of sleep probably because I wasn't alone and was comfortable sleeping. I woke up to the most perfect thing in the world and I could get use to to this one everyday. 

"Morning baby girl"

"Morning baby"

"Did you sleep good?"

"In fact I did"

"Wish you didn't have to leave for Paris tomorrow."

"Me too baby but Nicole and I decided on it. I tried to get coach to let you out summer classes and workouts but he wasn't having any of it"

After waking up we went downstairs to the kitchen where my dad was making french toast and bacon. My mom was sitting at the computer reading her email.

"Morning kids sleep good?"

" Morning mom and yes we did."

She starts laughing she always knew that Grayson and I would end up together. She always loved at the way I laughed at some joke he would tell and the way I would smile she could tell how happy I was.

"You kids going to the soccer game?"

"Yes and Nicole is going to be at the announcement."

I went to go take a shower after having some breakfast. Today was a big day for me and I was excited but nervous to announce my college choice.

"So I'll pick you up for the soccer game and then we can go get dinner after we announce."

"Sure you have a place in mind?"

"Does Maggiano's sound good?"

"You know me well."

He kisses me and I get butterflies in my stomach every time we kiss. It felt like the first time all over again. I never wanted it to end it left me with some hope.

"See you later beautiful."

"See you later baby."

After taking a shower I put on a pair of jeans and the t-shirt I made with Nicole's jersey number on the back and then I went over to her house to help her get ready. I knock on the door and she lets me in. 

"Good morning you ready for the game?"

"Yes and you seem in a good mood. You ready for later?"

"Yes I'm nervous but I'm excited for later."

"I heard about dinner how romantic it's like your first date all over again."

"Who told you?"

"A little bird told me."

"Let me guess my boyfriend told your boyfriend. Sometimes I wonder if the two of them are cheating on us."

"Girl are you crazy they wouldn't do that."

"The two of them are thick as thieves. I wouldn't put it past them."

Nicole and I go outside to wait on our two fools to hurry up so that Nicole isn't late. When I got into Grayson's jeep I went to go plug in my phone but Nicole stopped me before I could.

"Let me play what's on my phone this time."

"Okay I will since we listened to mine last time. You better not play anything from Frozen."

"Haha I won't your hearing will be spared from hearing Luke sing."

"I'm not that bad."

"I've heard Grayson and you sing the two of you can't carry a tune just stick to basketball."

Both teams begin to play the game and it was tight and went back and forth. In the last few minutes the coach calls a timeout to draw up a final play. The game was tied and we needed one goal to win. The ball was passed to Nicole who scored the final goal.

After the game Nicole and I go back to my house so that I could get ready. I put the black sleeveless dress and silver cardigan that I wore on the first date with Grayson and then I straighten my hair and put on a little makeup. Nicole after helping me goes over to Luke's house to hangout with him and watch High School Musical another one of Luke's favorite movies.

I get into my car and head to the school so I could announce my choice. I walk in to see a table with chairs in the middle of the gym. Grayson came up behind me while I was standing there looking at our two state trophies.

"Hey baby girl you ready for tonight?"

"More than you will ever know"

Grayson went first in announcing his choice which of course was Duke what a shock. Now it was my turn to announce my choice which was the same as Grayson's it always has been ever since I was little and saw campus for the first time with my parents. Announcements flew by like a breeze and now comes dinner. 

I just wanted to enjoy tonight before getting on a plane to France in the morning before school starts. I honestly didn't want to leave him for the summer I just wanted us to enjoy it as much as possible.

Tonight reminds me of our first date and I remember it all too well. We walk into the restaurant and in the back there is a booth that has two candles lit with a dozen roses on the table. I like red roses but every time I see white white roses it reminds me of The Hunger Games and President Snow.

"You didn't have to do this."

"I wanted to do something special I mean it is a special night after all."

"Well thank you. I just wish I wasn't leaving in the morning."

"You two should go you deserve it. I'll be here when you get back.

"Meet me by the chapel when I get back."

"I will"

After dinner we go back to my house so that I could get some sleep and get ready for tomorrow to go to Paris. Nicole and I for awhile have been talking about this trip. We considered this as a graduation gift to ourselves and wanted to fly solo for the summer. Sorry boys but we need some girl time away.

"Good night baby girl have fun in Paris. Text me when you land."

"I will"

We kiss long and good and I honestly don't want tonight to end. I'm ready for school really all of it and I couldn't think of anybody better to enjoy it with. We both had big things we wanted to accomplish and weren't going to let anything stand in our way.

A/N: Hey guys sorry I haven't update in awhile I have been busy with work and school. I will try to update when I can. I just realized I haven't done a chapter on graduation so I will try to write that.