Chapter 41

Tonight the boys were playing Virginia Tech good thing they're playing at home the bad thing is it's Grayson's and I's wedding anniversary along with Luke's and Nicole's and yet she also is at a ball game watching Detroit play Atlanta I can imagine she's not okay with having to change her plans. She called me ranting and raving about how she had to go watch him play on the night of their anniversary I tried to make her feel better by telling her I was doing the same thing which didn't help. Grayson walked into the living room and saw me sitting on the couch and saw me roll my eyes a couple of times and was laughing. Finally she ended the call because Luke needed her for something.

Grayson: "What did she want?"

Me: "Oh she wanted to rant about how a basketball game ruined her night of sex with Luke"

Grayson: "Did you tell her that she could do that after the game"

Me: "I tried telling her that but she didn't want to hear it"

Grayson: "I take it you also told her that's what comes with being the wife of a basketball player"

Me: "Yes I said that too"

Grayson: "I'm going to go pick up the kids and then I'll be back"

Me: "I have an article to write a sports psychology exam to study for"

Afer he left I got out my notes and my computer to write the article and study for the exam. I'm surprised that I can keep up with school and try to raise kids all at the same time. The surprising thing is that I'm able to get a good amount of sleep but the good thing is I have help. I could hear the kids laughing when they got in.

Mike: "Mommy"

Me: "Hey buddy"

Mike: "When are Uncle Luke and Aunt Nicole coming?"

Me: "They're coming when daddy and the team play Clemson"

Mike: "Okay"

I went back to writing the article on the women's team there was talk that they might make their tournament. I still have things for after the game to do and make sure that everything was right. Leah came in and sat on the couch next to me and laid her head in my lap.

Leah: "Hi mommy"

Me: "Hey princess"

Leah: "I want to see Tristian"

Me: "He's coming with Aunt Nicole and Uncle Luke this weekend to the Clemson game"

Leah: "Okay"

I laugh at her because it reminds me of Grayson and I at their age in elementary school and look at where we ended up like that wasn't going to happen although there was a relationship that I was not in favor of. Good thing I made my feelings known about that because I thought Bailey wasn't right girl and that we should give us a try for once. I would say it's okay but Gray on the other hand is protective of her.

I walk into the kitchen to pour a glass of wine and to try to make some dinner. I pull out some chicken and decide to make a salad which is a little different but yet simple and easy to put together. I felt strong arms wrap around my torso and I kiss on my shoulder.

Grayson: "You're making what I was planning on making"

Me: "You really were going to do this"

Grayson: "Yes I was"

Me: "Mind helping me with the table"

Grayson: "Sure"

After dinner I cleaned up the kitchen while Gray put the kids to bed. I walked into the bedroom and put on some sweats and a long sleeve shirt. Tomorrow I have the sports psychology exam along with trying to get ready for the game and what happens after the game. I was trying to study one more time and Gray grabbed my notes out of my hands.