Chapter 39

Thanksgiving was coming up and there was the PK80 tournament in Portland and there was a lot of hype surrounding this big event. I was willing to give up my holiday for these fools as crazy as they are and yet I'm married to one of them. I really hadn't seen either Kate or Amile but the good thing is Luna would be there. I was busy packing for this stretch of games when the shirt I was trying to put in my bag got snatched out of my hand without warning.

Me: "You couldn't just warn me"

Grayson: "No"

Me: "Did you need something?"

Grayson: "I have an idea"

Me: "The idea you have is why Nicole and I end up pregnant one too many times clearly we all somewhere didn't listen to the conversation our parents tried to have with us"

Grayson: "Oh come on we have the house to ourselves your parents took the kids for a few hours which gives us enough time"

Me: "Okay fine just one minute"

I walk into the bathroom and took out a white pill and drank some water. I gave the pregnancy test to Nicole and it was her who was pregnant and not me. When we got back from Chicago I went to my doctor who did a blood test and a pregnancy test which came up negative thankfully."

I walked back into the bedroom and he wasted no time in pushing me up the wall and kissing me and putting his hand up my shirt. This wasn't like all the other times we've done this even in high school. Most times in high school it was either the janitor's closet or the locker room after practice.

I could hear the front door open signaling that my parents were back with the kids. I went back to packing the last few things that I needed to pack. I walked into the living room to see Leah coloring a picture and Mike playing with a toy of his. I walked into the kitchen and my dad was making dinner and my mom was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a glass of wine.

Me: "Hey mom"

My mom: "Hey baby"

Me: "You guys still coming?"

My mom: "Yes"

Me: "When do you fly out?"

My mom: "We aren't flying out with you guys"

Me: "Okay"

My dad gets done making dinner and we all sit down to eat. My dad is a good cook and my mom lets him touch the kitchen and lets him cook things and sometimes she will too. My dad wanted to talk about the building that Nike announced they were building in honor of coach. My mom tried to get to conversation away from sports but it was no use.

After dinner my parents left and I was cleaning up the kitchen while Grayson was putting the kids to bed. I pulled out a wine glass and poured some wine and sat in the living room on the couch. My phone went off with a notification from ESPN probably something idiotic on the team but it wasn't that someone told them which former Duke player I am the daughter of. I had called my mom and told her what happened and then I called coach and asked him what should be done.

I walked into the bedroom to get ready for bed. I was trying to figure out would've told them that. I got in bed and waited for Grayson to come in he walked in and saw me biting my nails. I have a bad habit of biting my nails when I'm nervous or mad about something. Grayson got in and pulled me into his chest and kissed my shoulder.

Grayson: "Are you okay?"

Me: "Kind of but not really"

Grayson: "Who would've told?"

Me: "I know it wouldn't have been my dad or coach or even one of you guys and also my mom"

Grayson: "Like you said we'll handle it"