Chapter 29

For the last few weeks I had been feeling a pain in my stomach but I shook it off because I at first didn't think it was anything. Everybody including Grayson kept asking if I was okay and I wasn't about to tell him just yet. I sent Nicole a text to have her go get a test because I just wanted to see if maybe I was pregnant. I told her to make sure she wasn't seen by anybody on the team. I see her pull into the driveway I quickly open the door for her.

Me: "Hi"

Nicole: "Hi now will you tell me what is going on"

Me: "I think I might be pregnant"

Nicole: "Have you told him yet?"

Me: "No I haven't yet why do you think I had you go get a test"

Nicole: "You should've at least told him"

Me: "You know how he gets when something happens to me or Leah. Now will you just hand me the test already"

Nicole: "Okay"

I walk into the bathroom and shut the door before she can even walk in. After I'm done I put a timer on my phone to wait for it to come up positive or negative. The timer goes off and I pick up the test and it confirms that I was right. I walk out and all I do is smile at Nicole and don't even say a word.

Nicole: "Well?"

Me: "I was right I am pregnant"

Nicole: "Can I tell Luke?"

Me: "NO! Luke will tell him and I want to be able to tell him"

Nicole: "Okay if you say so"

After she leaves I put the test in a box and hide it somewhere safe. I don't want him going and finding it or even our daughter for that matter. I get started on an article for my sports journalism class this semester covering the new basketball team. I have a feeling there will be a few times where I won't want to write but will have to. I hear the front door open and hear Leah laughing at something her father said.

Leah: "Mommy"

Me: "I'm in the kitchen"

Grayson: "What are you up to?"

Me: "I'm writing an article for class that I'm just finishing up. What have you two been up to?"

Leah: "Went to go shoot some hoops with daddy"

Me: "Did you have fun?"

Leah: "Yes"

Grayson: "I think I'll start on dinner"

Me: "Okay"

I quickly close the Pottery Barn Baby tab on my computer before he can even start questioning me. I decide to go take a nap I have been exhausted the last few days. With practices and running Leah everywhere I haven't had time for myself to slow down and take a break. I feel Grayson come up behind me and starts to kiss my neck.

Me: "What are you even doing?"

Grayson: "Waking you up. Dinner is ready for you."

Me: "Okay"

I walk into the kitchen and grab a plate to put my food on. I had just realized that I can't have wine to drink. I decide to grab some sprite to drink I really didn't want water. Grayson was surprised that I didn't have a glass of wine."

Grayson: "You not having any wine to drink I'm surprised"

Me: "I didn't feel like it"

Grayson: "Are you okay because you would tell me if you weren't"

Me: "I promise I'm fine"

Grayson: "Okay"

I send a text to Nicole telling her I don't know how much longer I can't say anything. I send a text to my mom telling her not to say anything until I had. No one on the team even knows about this even coach himself. It was getting close to the time for Leah to have her evening bath.

Me: "Hey Leah"

Leah: "Yes mommy"

Me: "Why don't we go get your bath started"

Leah: "Okay"

I carry Leah into the bathroom and get her out of the outfit that she was wearing. I turn on the water and put some of her favorite bubblebath flavor in the water. I put shampoo and conditioner in her hair and wash it out. What she doesn't like is when she has to towel dry herself. She still has some bubbles on her and she begins to run out of the bathroom.

Me: "Leah get back her young lady"

She starts running around the house without her towel and her hair is still wet. Grayson is sitting on the couch laughing and taking a video. This girl thinks she's funny she starts laughing at me.

Me: "What's so funny missy?"

Leah: "You'll never catch me mommy"

Me: "Whatever you say"

Leah suddenly falls in front of the kitchen door without even hitting the door. Grayson sprints off the couch and runs over to her as fast as possible. At that point I am out of breath from trying to catch her. She starts to cry and Grayson picks her up and starts to rub her back. She is such a daddy's girl she has him wrapped around her little finger.

Grayson: "Hey it's okay baby girl. You should've stopped when mommy told you to"

Me: "Is she okay no concussion or anything?"

Grayson: "She seems fine don't see any bruising"

Me: "You are lucky young lady"

Leah: "I'm sorry mommy"

Me: "It's okay baby just be more careful next time"

Grayson: "Why don't we get you dressed and then go outside"

Leah: "Okay"

Me: "I'll be back"

I walk into the bedroom and go into the closet where I hid the box that has the test in it. I hid in one of the drawers that has my scarves in it. I like the closet because it's a walk in closet and can fit the many clothing items I have. Both Grayson and I each have our own side of the closet except my side is a little bigger.

I walk outside and the two of them are playing on the court. I decided to have that added to the house along with a swing set for Leah to swing on. Leah is athletic like her parents but she loves basketball like her father. I sit in one of the porch chairs and watch them shoot. Leah can't quite dunk yet but she'll get there. After they're done they come over and sit down Grayson sits Leah in his lap.

Me: "I have something I need to tell you guys"

Grayson: "What is this that you've been hiding for me"

Me: "Who said I was hiding anything?"

Grayson: "You don't fool me I can tell when you're lying to me"

Leah: "What is it mommy?"

I hand the box to Grayson for him to open it. He takes out the test and looks at the screen. He looks at me and starts to smile. I text Nicole and my mom to tell them that they can now tell everybody.

Grayson: "Are you serious!"

Me: "I took the test this morning while you were with Leah at Cameron"

Leah: "Mommy"

Me: "Yes baby girl"

Leah: "I want to know"

Grayson: "You will have a new brother or sister"

Leah: "I want a brother"

Me: "We'll see about that"