Chapter 27

After getting back on Friday night I was just thinking a nice evening alone with Grayson was the perfect idea. On Saturday I was thinking of maybe doing a nice family picnic at the elementary school and Leah can play on the playground and see where her parents met. There were also summer workouts and preparing for the fall semester. Nicole was having trouble with being on bed rest her doctor put her on it after we got back she sent me a text and I decided to go give Luke a break.

Me: "Gray I'm going to go over and see Nicole"

Grayson: "You taking Leah with you? I've got Luke texting me like crazy."

Me: "Why do you think I'm going over there"

Grayson: "Have fun trying to keep her calm"

Me: "I'll try if I can"

Grayson: "When you get done take Leah over to your parents' house"

Me: "Why?"

Grayson: "We should have a quiet evening together"

Me: "Fine"

I grab my purse and my keys and take Leah over to Nicole's and Luke's to see what's going on with her and to give Luke a break. Leah was watching her cartoon show on my iPad on the ride over. I pull into the driveway and knock on the door to see a frazzled Luke answer it.

Me: "Luke are you okay?"

Luke: "Do I look okay to you? Thank goodness you're here maybe you can keep her calm."

Me: "That is easier said than done"

Luke: "Why can't she be like you and Kate on bed rest"

Me: "You think I was easy on bed rest I was far from it. Luke learn to have some patience I know it isn't easy but you need to relax and calm down or you'll make her more stressed and that isn't good for the baby."

Luke: "When did you get so smart?"

Me: "Luke it's called motherhood trust me I know a thing or two. Let me handle her and go hangout with Grayson."

Luke: "I heard about later tonight"

Me: "Do you know what he has planned?"

Luke: "Can't tell you"

Me: "No wonder why she's made at you you're useless"

Luke: "I am not"

Me: "Okay"

I walk into the bedroom to see Nicole propped up in bed. I could tell she didn't like it I had to laugh because I couldn't help it. Nicole looked up and gave me the infamous death stare. I sat next to her and watched Gilmore Girls with her.

Nicole: "Did Luke send you?"

Me: "No I came on my own"

Nicole: "You want to get me some ice cream"

Me: "Is that your craving this time?"

Nicole: "Yes now can you go get it for me"

Me: "Okay calm down"

I walk into the kitchen and open the freezer and grab the ice cream she wanted. I decide to grab myself a spoon to have some with her. Too bad Kate isn't here with us to enjoy this moment she would be laughing right now.

Nicole: "What do you have planned later?"

Me: "Grayson is planning a quiet evening later"

Nicole: "You planning on giving me another niece or nephew?"