Chapter 28

Nicole and I decide we want to go see Kate and our new niece Sydnee. Kate and Amile send photos of her and she is cute as can be. I can't remember the last time the three of us had a girls days without the guys around. Nicole finally had her baby she named her Delilah and Nicole wanted her to see Kate. I was jealous of the two of them they had what I wanted I just wanted one more.

Grayson and I were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast Leah was still asleep. Last night she started to not feel well I thought she might have the a cold or the flu. I was going to make sure I got pictures for her. I heard her start to wake up finally after having slept for so long.

Me: "You want to go get her or should I?"

Grayson: "Why don't we both go in"

Me: "Okay"

Grayson and I walk into her room to see what she needed. She still looked tired I walked over to feel her forehead. She still felt hot I decided to take her temperature to see what it was. I walked to the bathroom and opened the medicine kit to grab the thermometer and walked back to her room.

Me: "Hey baby girl stick this under your tongue again for me"

Leah: "Daddy I don't feel well"

Grayson: "I know princess let mommy take your temperature" 

Leah opens her mouth and sticks it under her tongue. I heard it beep and take it out it's still high. I thought she should stay home and sleep more. Poor baby girl I knew she was so looking forward to seeing the new baby and to see her aunt. 

Leah: Mommy I want to go see Aunt Nicole"

Me: "I know you want to baby but you still don't feel good"

Grayson: "Hey princess how about you and I watch cartoons all day"

Leah: "Okay"

Me: "Don't you have that meeting with coach?"

Grayson: "I told this morning I couldn't come in"

Me: "He would let you get out of something before he lets anybody else. Okay you two I am leaving and I will be back later."

I walk out and get into my car to go over to Nicole's to see her. I text Kate to her that I am on my way to pick her up and Sydnee. I also text Luke to have him go over and just on things and go see Leah. When we got to the house Nicole looked tired and like she was about to lose her mind.

Nicole: "Thank god you two are here"

Me: "Hello to you too"

Kate: "I brought your new niece with me"

Nicole: "You can see your new one too. Where is Leah?"

Me: "She still doesn't feel well. When I left Grayson was watching cartoons with her"

Kate: "Amile wanted to see her too. He thought the three of us should have a girls day. He and I with Sydnee are doing something later."

We all sit down and talk about the upcoming season. We all decided we were going to play our sports even with kids. Nicole and I start talking about old memories from going to summer camp.

Me: "Do you remember going to the docks late at night?"

Nicole: "Yes I do remember doing that"

Kate: "Wait what?"

Me: "When we went to camp one summer and one night we snuck out of our cabins and went to the docks"

Nicole: "Remember when you got caught the next morning?"

Kate: "Who were you with?"

Me: "I was with Grayson and I snuck out one night and went down to the dock to look at the stars and instead of going back to our cabins we slept under the stars and got caught the next morning"

Kate: "Sounds like fun and what a surprise"

Nicole brings up another story and Kate starts laughing. I look at Nicole and give her a death glare which makes her laugh. Eventually I start laughing I tried to figure out how we never got caught. The story the Nicole tells is of the many times Grayson and I made out in the janitors closet.

Kate: "So want the janitors closet?"

Nicole: "Yes"

Me: "Wasn't my idea and once I was not with him"

Kate: "Who was"

Nicole: "A girl we hate with a burning passion"

Before leaving I take pictures with my phone and send them to Grayson so that he can show Leah. Nicole decides to take a nap because she looked tired from being up late. Kate goes home to see Amile cooking dinner with candles lit. She smiles at little Sydnee sitting in her high chair.

Kate: "What are you two doing?"

Amile: "We decided to make you dinner after a long day"

Kate: "How's Leah? I wasn't able to see her I wanted to."

Amile: "She looked tired to me but she watched cartoons mostly"

Kate: "Jackie is so lucky"

Amile: "She is but so are you and Nicole"

Kate: "I love you"

Amile: "I love you too"

A/N: I was going to wait until tomorrow to get this out but I decided to release it to you guys earlier than planned. I hope to have something maybe out by either Saturday or Sunday I haven't decided yet. Duke yesterday had their last day of classes yesterday and I'm still processing all of it.