Chapter 4

A/N: This is a continuation of the last chapter

Tryouts were after school and my friend Nicole and I were walking to the gym to change for tryouts. Nicole is a girl that I met in my Math class and we both sit next to each other. Nicole is a huge introvert and she likes to dance and play basketball. She loves The Hunger Games and High School Musical. She is quick at giving comebacks to people and she can be brutally honest. 

With tryouts I wear the same three things they're always the same three items. I wear my favorite Duke Volleyball t-shirt, pair of black Nike running shorts, a necklace with my best friend's jersey number that was a gift for my birthday last year. 

"Nicole what if I don't make it."

"Will you calm down and stop saying you won't make it."

The coach called all of the girls to step on the court to try out. I start to walk on the court only to be stopped before I could get to the floor.

"You forgot something."

"Refresh my memory please."

"You forgot our handshake."

"How could I forget."

Grayson and I before a game or a tryout we do this handshake and then he kisses my forehead. 

"Good luck."

"Thank you."

After tryouts the coach tells us that the final list will be posted outside the gym in the morning. Nicole was looking to see if her name was on the list for Soccer because she had tried out for the Soccer team.

Grayson and I walked over to Nicole who was looking for her name while I was looking for mine. To my surprise I couldn't believe my own eyes. My dream had finally come true after all the work I had done over the summer with my mom.

"Oh my god!"

Grayson and Nicole: "What!"

"I made team."

Grayson and Nicole: "See we told you that you would make it."

"Nicole did you make the Soccer team?"

"Yes I did."

English class was the same as always except for the fact that there was a rumor floating around. I knew about the rumor and let's just say I wasn't too happy about it. The rumor was that Bailey cheated on Grayson and today I about lost it because she was bragging about it to everybody else in the room. This is one of those I told you so moments he should've listened when I said that he didn't deserve her.

After practice which wasn't too bad I went home and had a talk with my mom because I had to tell her what happened in class because I still couldn't believe that Bailey could be that stupid and petty all at the same time. My mom knew how close Grayson and I are and that I would do anything for him without having to think about it.

"Hey mom can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure what is it?"

"Grayson got cheated on by Bailey."

"Are you serious!"

"I'm not kidding."

In the middle of my talk with my mom who couldn't believe what I had just told her I get a text from Grayson. 

"Can you come over?"

"Yes I have time for you I always do."

"Hey mom I'm over Grayson's I'll be back later."

"Okay be back for dinner."

"I will mom"

I walk over to Grayson's house and I hopped through his bedroom window. I've always done done that since elementary school. What I saw broke my heart and made me want to cry. You could see tears falling from his eyes.

I went to go sit on his bed and I pulled him into my chest and I just let him cry it out. I mean how in the world could she do that to my best friend and a guy as good as him. To me it made absolutely no sense but I guess some people are just so cruel.

"Hey it's alright relax I'm here now."

"Don't leave me."

"I'm not leaving you Gray you know I would never do that to you."

"Why would she do that?"

"I don't know Gray."

After we talked for awhile I went home for dinner and I could barely eat a thing but my mom was making my favorite meal so I wasn't going to pass it up. After dinner I went to my room to work on my essay for English class and I just lost it while writing it I couldn't still believe she did that. Bailey Bunnell better watch her back because this girl isn't playing around anymore. 

A/N: Next chapter is going to be a time jump to senior year. Yes I know I'm skipping but with senior year comes the moment you all have been waiting for and I'm excited for this one. I'll have next chapter out after the game win or lose. I guess I'll give you a third one too.