Chapter 31

I am honestly ready for this pregnancy to be over. I have missed a large portion of the season after having worked hard in the off season. I wasn't about to miss the upcoming basketball season. I was also on bed rest again for the second time.

This morning I woke up with the worst pain I have ever felt. I could smell french toast and bacon being made from the kitchen. I have been having cravings of those items along with cookie dough ice cream. Grayson walked in with a plate and some Starbucks.

Grayson: "Well good morning"

Me: "Hi"

Grayson: "Still having some pain"

Me: "Yes"

Grayson:"Thought I'd bring you some breakfast"

Me: "How thoughtful"

Grayson: "How much longer until you deliver that baby boy?"

Me: "Shouldn't be too long and I thought we weren't telling anybody"

Grayson: "We told your parents, my parents, coach, and the team"

Me: I have that sports psychology paper to write"

Grayson: "You worried about the topic being your father"

Me: "No but it's hard for me to have to be unbiased. I love my father he gave me my love of sports yes he did stupid things but that doesn't make me love him less."

Grayson: "I get it you're protective of your family. Don't let the hate people have stop you from writing a fair and balanced article that argues both sides."

Me: "Thank you"

Grayson: "No problem I'll be back soon"

Me: "Where are you going?"

Grayson: "Getting our daughter from your parents"

Me: "Okay"

After he left to go get Leah I cracked open my textbook and got out the notes and various articles that I had printed. The paper took me less than five minutes to write. I heard the front door open and could hear sweet little Leah's laugh and her little feet as she ran into the bedroom.

Leah: "Mommy"

Me: "Hey baby girl. Did you have fun with grandma and grandpa?"

Leah: "Yes we watched some basketball"

Me: "You know he use to do the same with me when I was your age"

Grayson: "Hey princess why don't we let mommy get some rest"

Me: "I'm fine really"

Grayson: "We are not having this discussion"

Me: "Fine you're so pushy"

I decided to take a nap I kind of need it but I only did it to shut him up. Nicole was coming over to help me pick out colors. I was kind of thinking of a sports themed room. I heard the door open and then heard her walk into my room.

Nicole: "Hi"

Me: "I didn't even hear you"

Nicole: "I used my key"

Me: "What a surprise"

Nicole: "What are you thinking?"

Me: "I'm thinking sports themed"

Nicole: "I like it"

Me: "So do I. You look like something is wrong."

Nicole: "Luke hasn't proposed yet"