Chapter 36

*Flashback to the night that would never end*

Elon was on the calendar tonight before Christmas break. My mom gave Nicole, Kate, Luna, and I tickets to the game that she had bought. Luna was dating Jack White who is a freshman from Australia both of whom everybody likes and they're funny. I had a bad feeling about this game in the pit of my stomach.

I could see flashbacks of the one on one game and the dirty thing that Steven did to Grayson. I have a feeling that payback will be coming but at what cost. I was on my way to the Journalism building for Sports Journalism and then I had to go to Sports Psychology afterwards. Luke walked in and could tell that something was off with me.

Luke: "Are you okay?"

Me: "I have a bad feeling about tonight"

Luke: "Does this have something to do with Steven?"

Me: "Yes"

Luke: "You think Grayson might issue payback for what happened at camp"

Me: "Yes"

Luke: "That was so long ago"

Me: "That's not the point Luke. I'm worried that something is going to happen that could have major consequences if he isn't careful. This won't be like Louisville or Florida State where it was accidental and this will put coach in a tough spot but he'll have to do it. None of us more importantly me will be able to protect him from this."

Luke: "Did you have coffee this morning?"

Me: "No"

Amile: "I brought you Starbucks in case you forgot"

Me: "Thank you"

I get out of class and head to Cameron to workout I felt like I needed to. I walk in and head to run on a treadmill not before I walk into the gym. Grayson was sitting in his usual spot as seen in some of the videos deep in thought.

Me: "Thought I might find you here"

Grayson: "How'd you know?"

Me: "You always come in here on game days and when it's late and when you can't sleep"

Grayson: "You know me well"

Me: "I've known you since the first grade"

Grayson: "You'd see the video of Delilah taking her first step?"

Me: "Yeah Nicole sent it to me"

Grayson: "See you at home"

Me: "Yeah"

I walk in and start to run but not without any music to listen to. I put on the game day playlist which is a mixture of 80's music and some Future. I decide to run three instead of five miles. 

I get home so that I can catch a shower and get ready for the game. Leah was working on her first grade homework and Mike was watching cartoons. My parents decided to watch the kids for the night I told my mom they can watch the game and then straight to bed.

I walk into the bathroom to take a shower. I had an English paper to finish as well. I get out of shower and put on black leggings and a blue Duke sweatshirt I stole from Grayson.

Grayson: "Is that my sweatshirt?"

Me: "Yes"

Grayson: "You look good in it"

Me: "You mind helping me with my necklace?"

Grayson: "Sure"

I've had this necklace since freshman year of high school it was a gift for Christmas. I put on some makeup and put my hair up in a bun. Grayson kisses my neck as I'm trying to do all of this.