Chapter 17

Thank god it was an off weekend not only for volleyball but basketball as well. The soccer team had something this weekend but that was the least of my concerns. I can't even remember the last time I had a night alone with Grayson. I wanted a night with no talk of sports or drama for that matter.

I was going through my closet looking for something to wear. I was looking at two dresses on white and one yellow and I couldn't decide which one but I knew I wanted to wear black pumps. I decided to ask Nicole and Kate for a little help on this one.

Me: "Okay which one girls the yellow or white dress"

Nicole: "White is too bland I'd go with yellow"

Kate: "I'd go with yellow also"

Me: "Perfect it's settled

What these two didn't know was that I was planning on wearing the yellow dress. I only made it look like I needed help when really I didn't. I also grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of Nike shorts I hadn't planned on coming back afterwards and also grabbed a box of matches and our favorite candle scent to light. This isn't just your normal date night normal to me is boring.

Kate: "Are you coming back afterwards"

Me: "No I hadn't planned on it"

Nicole: "Why do you have the Vanilla Bean candle from Bath & Body Works"

Me: "I'm taking it with me"

Kate: "My favorite candle scent"

Nicole: "You're not doing what I think you're doing"

I decided not to answer an further. I mean we all knew the answer so why ask the question. I decided to get out of there before Nicole could ask more questions about tonight and what the two of us were going to do.

I went over to Luke and Grayson's because Grayson and I were going out to dinner for a nice and quiet evening. I used my key to open the door and yes I did knock only for Luke's sanity. Luke was surprised when I walked in.

Luke: "You actually knocked this time"

Me: "Shut up I really didn't need to"

Luke: "You plan on going back to your dorm at a decent hour tonight"

Me: "I wouldn't count on it and who said it was going to be my dorm"

Luke: "I guess I'll go see Nicole and stay there"

Me: "I was going to tell you the same thing"

Luke: "G I'm out you need anything"

Grayson: "No but you kids are on your own tonight. I want no calls or texts all I want is a nice quiet evening with my girl"

Luke looked at me and rolled his eyes and I just stood there and laughed at him. I walked into Grayson's room to see him in a pair of kakis and a black quarter zip shirt god he looked so good.

Me: "Hi you ready"

Grayson: "Damn woman why must look this good"

Me: "I could say the same thing now we should get going"

Grayson: "Can't we just stay in and not go out to dinner and just enjoy ourselves"

Me: "Seriously we are going to be late"

Grayson: "Fine"

Grayson had made dinner reservations earlier in the week same time as always on a Friday night. Classic date night dinner at Maggiano's watch a movie but yet not really watch it. We left to go to dinner and of course as always being the gentleman that he is he opens the door so I could get in his Jeep.

We get to the restaurant and go to our table that is hidden in the back where no one could see us. We really didn't want anybody knowing where we were which is why we had our phones on silent and turned off Find My Friends so that no one could find us.

We both ordered chicken fettuccine along with some fried zucchini which is to die for as an appetizer. It felt really nice to have a quiet evening and get away for a little bit. Although I had to mention just one piece of information.

Me: "No talk of sports this evening"

Grayson: "What"

Me: "You heard me"

Grayson: "Come on please"

Me: "No I want one night where the topic of conversation isn't sports"

Grayson: "Okay fine you win"

Me: "Like I always do"

Grayson: "Have you decided on Christmas yet? My mom wants to see you"

Me: "You can tell her that I will be coming"

Grayson: "Okay"

The waiter came with the check and asked if we wanted dessert which got quickly answered with a no and the check got quickly paid. We got back to campus and went to their dorm which was quiet with no sign of Luke. 

Grayson: "God it's quiet it's nice"

Me: "That's because Luke is with Nicole doing who knows what my guess is they're having sex"

Grayson: "What a shock. Does Nicole look any different to you?"

Me: No what do you mean"

Grayson: "It looks like to me that she's glowing"

Me: "Wait you don't think she's pregnant do you"

Grayson: "I'm just saying"

Me: "It should be me before her"

Grayson: "Would you two stop making everything a competition"

Me: "No that isn't happening"

I went to change out of my dress and shoes and put on the shirt and shorts that I brought. Grayson had the candle lit when I came back in and My Best Friend's Wedding on. I love Julia Roberts in that movie and that was Cameron Diaz's first big break. We watched a little of the movie and then one thing led to another and by the time we were done the movie was about to end.

Grayson: "God I love you"

Me: "I love you too my handsome blue devil"

A/N: I know this is out early but I will have one when we play the sweet sixteen game. Which one of us will be pregnant first? I decided to just make this random and less on actual events which is how the rest of this will turn out.