Love

Me and Roman have been cuddling in my room since he discovered that I cut myself. I still feel bad about doing that. Now he's even more worried and won't let me leave my room because he thinks I'll cut myself again. Fucking asshole. Though, he does have a good point.

Roman turns to me and says, "I'll be right back." He gets up and walks over to somewhere in my room while I bury my face into the pillow. I feel Roman's weight sink the mattress down a little bit and climb back next to me, sitting up. I sit up with him and look at what he has in his hands.

My book of poems and songs.

"Hey! Give that back!" I try to take it away from him but he's taller and stronger than me, so he can hold me back easily. I make a grumpy face as he smiles.

He points to one that I wrote yesterday. "Can I read it?"

I sigh and growl. "Fine. Do whatever you want."

He smiles while I cuddle into his shoulder as he reads my song.

"Rising through my bedroom
I look out the window at the moon
It shines brightly down upon me
Most of the time the night sets me free
But tonight I feel a depression growing from within
Something that makes me feel sin

I'm always up here, all alone
They think that I have a heart of stone
But I am so sensitive it's scary
Every word, every phrase, makes me cry
But tonight, the stars in the sky
Won't help me not to wish to kill myself, to die

Cry myself to sleep every night
When will I see the light?

Kissing the cold lips of depression
I feel so much imperfection
When did my life become a destruction?
Maybe because I've never had a taste of perfection
Hurt in my eyes is all I feel
Wear a mask to make my happiness real

I'm the kid of sarcasm
The one who hides it all
I'm the kid of hatred
The one who's destined to fall
But I'm following depression's call
Tonight may be my last fight

Cry myself to sleep every night
When will I be alright?

Cut my skin with some pins
Throw up in the toilet to make me thin
My canvas is made up of scars
My only savior are the stars
Feel like me in the moonlight
But I burn up in the sunlight

Cry myself to sleep every night
When will I see the light?
Cry myself to sleep every night
When will I be alright?

Feel like me in the moonlight
But I burn up in the sunlight
Nothing will ever be alright
Think I'll end this all tonight"

Roman sets the notebook down and says, "That was very depressing but I loved it anyways."

I blush. "Why?"

He looks over at me in confusion. "Why what?"

"Why did you love it?"

He smiles and takes my hand in his. "Because you're writing is beautiful and meaningful and powerful and I just love it. I also loved how it rhymed too. Very creative." He runs his hand through my hair. "More creative than me."

I blush more and roll my eyes. "I'm not more creative than you. I represent Anxiety, not Creativity. Plus, it wasn't that good." I look down at my sweatshirt, playing with the cuffs on the sweatshirt.

He lifts my chin up as our eyes meet. "You may not represent Creativity, but you are certainly creative. And that song was awesome. I loved it so much! OH MY MARY POPPINS I HAVE AN IDEA!"

I jump as his exciting yelling. "What's your...idea?"

He smiles even brighter than before, it that's possible. "TO SING THIS SONG IN ONE OF OUR SANDERS SIDES VIDEOS!"

I shake my head and my eyes grow wide. "No, nope. The fans will think that my writing and singing is horrible and will hate me even more."

Roman shakes his head and then stops when I say that they'll hate me even more. "Wait a minute..." He pauses. "You don't know that you're the most popular character?"

My eyes widen. Me? The most popular character? That doesn't sound right. I narrow my eyes at Roman. "Are you sure?"

He nods and chuckles. "Yeah, everybody loves you. Think that you're hilarious, adorable, smart, very kind, relatable..." His face starts to grow red as he goes on and on about why I'm loved so much.

I shake my head and chuckle. "Your face looks like a tomato."

He stops speaking and smiles, cupping my face in his hands. "I love you, Virgie."

I roll my eyes. "I love you too."

And then we kiss on the lips.