Taking It Away

"Virgil."

I ignore Roman and keep staring at the wall while sitting on my bed, anger flowing through me.

"Virgil."

I ignore him still. I'm too pissed to talk.

"Virgil!"

They did it. They fucking did it.

"VIRGIL!"

I whip my face over to him and scream, "WHAT?!"

His eyes widen in shock at my anger and says calmly, "We had to take a little piece of your anxiety and depression, okay? It had to be done."

I turn away from him and mumble angrily, "No it didn't."

I hear him come closer to me by his body running across the sheets. His arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him and I let him. He kisses my neck and says in almost a whisper, "Yes we did. You could've killed yourself at some point and we didn't want that. You don't have to suffer alone. I don't want you to. Thomas doesn't want you to. Nor do Patton and Logan. We all love you so very much and would be lost without you."

I sneer, "Why? Because then you guys wouldn't be as anxious and depressed?" He doesn't answer so I take this silence as a chance to say more. "Well, guess what? You've ruined that! Now we all will be sad and depressed and anxious and like me!"

"No we won't. You won't be like that anymore."

"Yes I will."

"No you won't."

"Yes, yes, I will."

"Baby, I promise that you won't."

"Don't make promises that you can't keep."

"But it is one that I can keep."

"How do you know? I could become more sad and depressed because of this bullshit."

"You won't, okay? I promise." He kisses the back of my neck and turns me so the right side of my face is resting on his chest. I start to cry out of my loss of control on everything around me. "Shh shh." He runs his fingers through my hair to bring me comfort, but all it does is remind me of what they did. "Everything will be okay, and if it's not okay, then it's not the end." (I love the movie Marigold Hotel)

I sniffle and look up at him. "Promise?"

He smiles and my heart melts away. "Promise."